1

Great balls of Fire

Sparrow walked into the Hard Deck. "Oh looks Phoes, your bestie is here." Hangman said, everyone looked at the woman. "Screw off Bagman." Sparrow said as she approached everyone. She hugged Phoenix and pulled away. "Fellas this here is Sparrow, one of the best that's for damn sure." Phoenix said.

"Hey Coyote, long time no see." Sparrow said with a slight smile. "Nice to see you again, Sparrow." Coyote said. Coyote and Sparrow were close, just like her and Phoenix. Not to mention she's childhood friends with Rooster. His mother helped her and her father out so much, she will always be saying thank you to the Bradshaws.

"You two are?" Sparrow questioned. "Payback and Fanboy." They both said. Sparrow nodded.

Sparrow's brows furrowed, she looked over to see a man just happily eating Peanuts from a cup. "Well... who might you be, how long have you been sitting right there?" Sparrow asked. Everyone looked in Sparrow's direction.

"When did you get in?" Coyote asked surprised. "Oh, I've been here the whole time." The man replies with an awkward smile. "Well.. man's a stealth pilot." Hangman said. "Weapons Systems Officer actually." The man corrects him, clearly not catching the joke. "With no sense of humor." Hangman says under his breath, Sparrow turned her head and looked at him with a glare.

"What do they call you?" Phoenix asks. "I'm Bob." He says uncomfortably. "No, your call sign?" Payback smirks. "Uh Bob..." It comes out more of a question. Everyone chuckled which the tension was gone.

"Bob Floyd? You're my new back seater? From Lemoore?" Phoenix asks shocked. Bob nods. "Looks like it. yeah." Bob says smiling at her. Sparrow smiled at Bob which he returned one back. "Nine-ball, Bob. Rack' em." Phoenix said

Fanboy approached Sparrow. "So if you are Sparrow... then..." Fanboy said. She smiled and said "Daisy... Daisy Wolfe." Sparrow said with a slight smile. "Mickey." He said with a smile.

"Bradshaw! Is that you?" Phoenix called out. Sparrow look over and saw the man. She smiled, "I'll be back." Sparrow said and Fanboy nodded as Sparrow took a seat for a moment. Rooster made his way over to the pool table. "This is how I find out your stateside?" Phoenix questioned. "Yeah I just thought I'd surprise you." Rooster said to Phoenix. "Don't do it, Phoes." Sparrow mumbled.

Then Phoenix hits him in the gut with her cue which he grunted in pain. Then she turns, "I guess I surprised you back." Phoenix said as she looked at Sparrow. Sparrow shook her head at her best friend. "It's good to see you." Rooster said to her. "Good to see you too." Phoenix said.

"Gee looks at this, the gang back together and reunited." Sparrow said out of no where, catching Rooster's attention. "Daisy Mae." Rooster said. "Don't... it's good to see buddy." She said with a smile. "You as well. How's your dad?" He asked. "Oh just being Wolfman? By the way, Phoes, he said hi." Sparrow said and Phoenix smiled. "I knew he asked about me, he's coolest." Phoenix said which cause Sparrow to smile.

The music changes, Sparrow furrowed her brows.

"Bradshaw, As I live and breathe." Hangman said as he made his way over and taking the stick from Bob. Sparrow sighed.

"Hangman, you look good." Rooster said.

"Well, I am good Rooster. I'm very good, in fact I am too good to be true." Hangman said.

"So... anybody know what this special detachment all about?" Payback asked. "Oh mission's a mission. They don't confront me..." Hangman said. "I hope not." Sparrow said as Phoenix playfully hit her shoulder. "Well What I want to know is, who's going to be team leader and which one of you all has what it takes to follow me." Hangman said.

"Hangman, the only place you'll lead anyone is early grave." Rooster said. Fanboy made a remark.  Hangman looked at Phoenix then stood in front of Rooster and Sparrow stood there, glared at Hangman.

"Now anyone that follows you... just gonna run out of fuel but that's just you ain't it Rooster, your snug on that perch, waiting for the right moment that never comes." Hangman said. "Hmm, sounds like your talking about you with that moment there, because last I recall. You will still be waiting, because for certain, I rather want someone as leader, to run of out of fuel, then running the team straight to a grave." Sparrow said. Everyone looked at the blonde.

"...Like you will be team leader." Hangman said sternly to the blonde and she chuckled. "Oh you are so funny, someone with cocky attitude like yourself shouldn't be leading." Sparrow spatted. Hangman stayed silent which caused Sparrow to raise a brow. "What's wrong Bagman, cat got your tongue... Good luck." Sparrow said as he walked back over. "Always saying what's on your mind." Fanboy questioned her. "Maybe always." She said as she looked at Phoenix and Rooster.

"Well he hasn't changed." Phoenix said. "Nope." Rooster and Sparrow said together. "Sure hasn't." Rooster added. Rooster looked at Sparrow and Phoenix then walked off.

"Check it out, more patches." Fanboy said. Sparrow looked over along with Phoenix. "That's Harvard, Yale, Omaha... shit that's Fritz." Payback said. "What the hell kind of mission is this?" Fanboy questioned. "That's not the question we should be asking." Sparrow commented. "Everyone here is the best there is, who the hell their gonna get to teach us?" Phoenix added.

Rooster unplugged the jukebox as Sparrow smiled.

"Hey Phoenix." Sparrow called out and pointed at Rooster on the Piano. Phoenix smiled and looked back at everyone. "Hey Guys." Phoenix said as she set down her stick and followed Sparrow.

He was playing the keys. Phoenix and Sparrow smiled at him which he smiled back at the two women.

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain." Sparrow smiled as she begun to sing along with him. "Too much love drives a man insane. you broke my will, but what a thrill." Rooster smiled at her as she sung along, Everyone suddenly joins in. "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

Sparrow laughed as she watch everyone sing together. "I laughed at love 'cause I thought it was funny." Rooster plays on the keys of the piano and he looks over at the woman, the woman who he's proud to call his best friend and who has been by his side during difficult times. "But you came along and you moved me honey!"

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! SING YOUR HEARTS OUT!" Sparrow exclaimed.

"I've changed my mind, this song is fine. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" Rooster continued to sing with the crowd. Sparrow looked around her and everyone was just smiling away. "Kiss me baby. Ooh, that feels good baby. Hold me baby. I wanna love you like a lover should."

"You're fine, you're so kind." Phoenix sung.

"I'mma tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine!" Sparrow sung loudly

"I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs. I gettin' nervous, but it sure is fun." Sparrow was smiling from ear to ear. "Come on baby. you're driving me crazy. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!"

Rooster goes on with a piano solo to the song. "You know this song very well." Fanboy said to her. "I hope so, it's a part of my childhood." Sparrow replied. "You seem like cool person, we should hang out sometime." Fanboy said which caused her to smile. "I would like that." Sparrow said with a smile which he smiled back at her. Then comes the singing again. "Kiss me baby. Ooh, that feels good. Hold me baby. I wanna love you like a lover should. You're fine, you're so kind! I wanna tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine!" everyone sung. "I chew my nails and I twiddle my thumbs. I gettin' nervous but it sure is fun. Come baby, you're driving me crazy. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" Everyone howls as they finished and cheer.