Chapter 1

Dusk's P.O.V

I slowly stirred back to reality, gasping for the air I hadn't realized I had held in for quite some time. Loud buzzing noises emanated from the left side of the room, where my stupid alarm was. The room was pitch black since the curtains that shed light into the room were closed. I groaned while getting up out of my cozy bed, the warmth calling out to me once more as I left the blanket.

I flicked my long cylindrical ears as if they were blinds on a lamp to turn them on. Bright yellow luminescent lights instantly appeared in the form of rings on my ears and forehead, cutting through the shadows of the room. Being an Umbreon had its perks, one of those being night vision. Of course, that meant I didn't need my lights on to see my surroundings but I liked seeing them. I quickly turned off the damned device on my nightstand which read, "6:01 AM"

"Man, I really hate Mondays..." I thought to myself while yawning loudly, my maw stretching agape as I did so. I stretched my paws, satisfying crackles and popping sounds coming from them. I looked towards the closed curtains, quickly turning off my bioluminescent lights before opening them. Natural sunlight from the outside quickly lit up the room, almost burning my eyes. "Sweet Arceus did light always sting that badly?!" I screamed to myself as I rubbed my eyes in slight pain. The bright light made its way to my messy fur, revealing its jet-black color. Before another moment had passed, a thought came to my head.

"Oh yeah, I think my teacher said something about a new student last week.." I muttered to myself before reluctantly making my way to the bathroom to get ready for school.

One morning routine later...

As I left the bathroom, I glanced at my phone to see the time, "6:20 AM." I had some time to burn before I had to walk to school so I actually decided to eat breakfast with my dad. I slowly walked out of my room and to the living room, only to be greeted by a light blue ice fox.

That fox just happened to be my Glaceon Dad who was already sitting down at the table with his famous homemade bacon and eggs. He sat in his chair in a straight posture, 2 plates sitting in front of him. The plate that he wasn't eating called out to me, the smoky aroma of the bacon alluring me and stimulating my stomach. My stomach growled a bit and I let out the tiniest bit of drool. I might've just stared at the food for a good 10 seconds before my dad scolded me.

"Dusk, get the fuck over here and stop drooling!" he yelled at me, clearly annoyed that he was eating breakfast by himself. "You don't have to ask me twice," I thought to myself before eagerly grabbing the vacant seat next to him and began digging into the food. The bacon was crisp and tender, releasing tons of meat juices as I bit it off. In contrast to the bacon, the egg was light and fluffy with a hint of sugar on the side. I could go on forever and on about how good the food was but I was way too tired to think at that point.

As if he was reading my mind, he asked, "Dusk? Why do you have such big bags under your eyes?"

"Wh-What? I don't have bags under my eyes!" I stammered, hoping he'd back off from the topic. But, apparently, fate had other plans for me. He looked puzzled for a bit before a large grin suddenly etched itself onto his muzzle.

"Did you stay up all night thinking of a girl?" He inquired in a coy tone, almost making me choke on the food I was eating.

"DAD!!!" I yelled in embarrassment, almost rupturing his diamond-shaped ears with the volume I had used. I put my paws up to my face and covered my black-furred cheeks.

"What? A little light teasing never hurt anyone!" Dad said while laughing hysterically. His voice practically shook the small table we had while a bright pink hue quickly made its way to the front of my face. I let out a sigh and pinched myself to get myself together.