"It was." Rory nodded.

"And you cleared it out all by yourselves? Just the few of you?" She laughed.

"There were others..." Rory trailed off, looking to the woman as they reached the car.

"No." Rick denied. "You're not coming."

"You can't stop me." Rory sassed, getting into the car. Rick looked at a loss, looking up at Michonne. The woman smirked slightly before getting in next to the child.

•••

"They have patrols." Mishonne explained as they all climbed out of the car on the side of some random road. "We're better off on foot."

"How far? Nights coming." Rick asked.

"A mile, maybe two." Michonne looked to Rory, who had just threw a knife at a walker. The said corpse dropped to the floor as she went to retrieve her weapon. Rory fell into step next to Daryl as they strolled through the woods. After a situation with some walkers, and in a cabin with a random survivor, they finally made it around to Woodbury.

They did Rory's favourite thing and all turned into ninjas, walking around the perimeter to the town. Rory watched as Michonne stalked away, Rick getting frustrated that she just left them.

"Damn it... all right, we need to downsize." Rick spoke as he handed a gun to Oscar, Rory getting hers at hand.

"Ain't no way we're gonna check in all them buildings, not with all them guards there." Daryl observed. They all then shot around and aimed their rifles as they heard twigs snap from behind. It was Michonne. She lead them around the back, an easy way to get in.

•••

"This is where you were held?" Rick asked Michonne quietly as they walked into a building, Daryl and Rory going to check the windows.

"I was questioned." The woman corrected.

"Any idea where else they could be?"

"I thought you said there was a curfew." Daryl remarked, looking out of the window. Rory thought it was odd, seeing the way the people were dressed.

"The street is packed during the day." Michonne defended. "Those are stragglers." Rory ignored the rest of the conversation in favour of snooping around the room. Her head shot up at the sound of knocking at the door. She hurried over to Rick, the man pushing her behind him as the door was unlocked from the other side.

"Who's in here?" That was when Rick struck. He pinned the man to the wall, gun to his face.

"Shut up. Get on your knees." Rick ordered. "Hands behind your back. Zip tie him."

Daryl did as Rick said, Rory standing off to the side as Rick began to question the man. He seemingly didn't know anything about anything. Rick gagged the man as Daryl knocked him out.

They snuck out of the building and made their way to the next, Rory's as hopeful. Especially when she heard yelling. She held up her gun as they walked through the hallway.

Rory began panicking as they heard Glenn and Maggie cry out. Why wasn't anyone doing anything? She shot forward and swiped a flash bang out of Ricks hand before pulling out the pin and throwing it into the room. "Rory. No!"

It exploded and Rick threw a smoke bomb before he and Daryl darted forwards to retrieve their friends. Shots were fired and Rory felt a sharp sting across the side of her head. She cried out and Daryl dragged her away faster as more shots rang out.

They ran through the streets before running back into another building. Rory ignored all the words spoken, taking her time to look over Glenn and Maggie, while holding a shaky hand to her head where she was clipped.

"Daryl." Glenn panted. "This was Merle."

"You saw him?" Rick asked.

"Face to face." Glenn clarified. "He threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us." Rory looked to Daryl as he spoke.

"So my brothers this 'governor'?"

"No, he's somebody else." Maggie responded, tending to Glenn. "Your bothers his lieutenant or something."

"Does he know I'm still with you?"

Maggie nodded, looking guilty. "He does now... Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out."

"Don't. No need to apologise." Rick said to the couple before racing to the window. Rory made sure her extra ammo and knives were easily accessible.

•••

They charged out of the door, Rory staying close by Rick and Daryl as instructed. Daryl threw a sample grenade as they charged out. Not long after, they were getting fired at.

Rory couldn't hear or see much, just loud shots from their guns. As she turned, a man had his gun raised and she shot. The man dropped. She froze for a moment as she saw his blood spill onto the path, a bullet in his head. She shook her head harshly, she had no time for guilt. She turned to see Rick staring at her, wide eyed.

"Go! Get cover!" They hid behind a wall, Rory not talking. She just nodded as Rick asked her if she was good. They were on the move again, Rory falling behind a little as she dodged atracks from every direction. She shot and killed again as she saw a man aim at Rick. Two kills.

She looked to where Rick was, only to find the space empty. Her breath got caught in her throat. She spun around frantically. Where did he go? Her head throbbed even more as she began to panic.

"Rick?" Rory called out. "Rick! Daryl?" She yelled as she felt arms around her, holding tight. She head butted whoever was behind her, them grunting as the girl thrashed. "Get off me! Rick!"

"Rory? Rory!" Rory thrashed more as she heard Ricks distant calls, but the grip didn't let up any.

"Calm down, little lady." She knew that voice. It was Merle.

"Fuck you, you asshole! Let me go!" The girl screamed, them man only laughing before she felt a blow to her head, it hurt. Another blow and her world went black.

•••
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Please don't forget to vote and comment! <3