in her mind, she was more 'safe' with you out of town. she accounted for everything that would make her thrive but she forgot to account for how others would react to that.

now it was up to you to figure out what she was doing.

big is a vague answer on what she could do, and you were completely aware of that. Cora was always willing to go the extra mile, to do the things you've never once thought of. that's how she succeeded in her plans.

and if you wanted to watch her fall then you needed to play by her rules. although they crossed many boundaries that you didn't condone, it had to be done.

you needed to play her game.

walking over to the bedroom door you pushed it open and walked down a small hall. taking a right you jogged down the stairs. Once you made it to the living room floor you scanned over the room for a blonde, "Yelena!"

at the sound of her name, the female turned her head to face you. both brows were raised and her arms were crossed over her chest. waiting for you to continue, she chewed on one of her hoodie strings.

"kitchen. I need your help." your hand was lifted to point at the kitchen doorway.

letting the string slip out her mouth she stood up and followed you into the kitchen. stopping in front of a counter, you nodded your head in the direction of the computer laying there, "I got a text from ymir saying cora was planning something big. can you do what you did yesterday and try to see if you can find anything on her phone?"

she didn't give you a verbal response, instead, she opened the computer lid and got started on your request. once she was logged in and ready to go, she spared you a glance, "what's the plan?"

leaning your body onto the counter you began to explain your thought process "I have armin, ymir, and hitch helping me. they are keeping a close eye on cora and her friends. that's how I got the information that she was planning something."

"I'm gonna go back to my house and search around through the boxes. I know I have some papers in there that will help me complete this." you finished.

"that's a bland plan," Yelena claimed.

rolling your eyes you shifted your body weight off the counter "I'm still trying to piece some things together."

Yelena kept her eyes on the computer typing away but her brows creased. her face slightly shriveled up and it was more than clear she was trying not to say something.

not wanting to deal with whatever it was, you walked away. Pon had offered his help yesterday and you decided to take him up on his offer. it would be faster for both of you to search through the boxes.

you were about to enter the living room before a voice called out from behind you, "all of this for eren?"

you abruptly stopped in your movements. your feet stilled as you slowly turned your head to look at Yelena "half of it is, but it's about time we put cora to rest."

the blonde took in your defensive state and grinned, "I never said it was a bad thing you were doing all of this for your little lover boy."

there was a second truth behind her sentence. one that you had steered away from because you wanted to avoid accepting it. but over the past few days, you have completely welcomed the foreign feeling.

it was the butterfly, and giddy feeling that you welcomed and now understood. but you were too late. you had finally noticed it after everything went down, but maybe that was the push you needed.

the push for you and eren to tumble to the ground so you both could dissect your feelings.

and with confidence, you can say you like eren. and even though he hates you at this very moment, you weren't going to let that stop you. you've already learned from experience that the truth will always come out.