𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

"Isis..Nissa..Kay, if y'all aren't down here in ten minutes I'm leaving without y'all." I yelled walking to the front door.

"Ma we already down here" Isis spoke coming out of the kitchen with her sisters close behind.

"oh..come on." I waved to them and we went out of the door. It's been ten years since y'all last saw me and let me tell y'all, shit has been rough.

I moved down here to Miami from Texas with my girls a few months after Bakari was sentenced.

It took me forever to move on from Bakari after that happened I fell into hell of a depression and if it wasn't for both of our families - I wouldn't be here, grinding and being a boss mom.

After a year without him, i decided that we needed a new start I moved our parents down here with me and the girls and I opened a few businesses such as my boutique and Bakari's hookah lounge.

Both businesses have been bringing in so much money. I made a few friends down here and some of my old ones like mariah and zariyah - they moved down her with their kids.

When we got settled in Miami and the girls had a routine set in stone, I put my all into my kids and work so when Mecca came along it was unexpected.

We started off being friends he helped me with the girls when my mom or Bakari's parents were out of town or were busy. Once I seen how he was with my girls and how much they adored him, especially jakalyn, my youngest, I fell in love with him.

We've been together for ten years. The talk of marriage came up two years ago, he wants to get married but I've been there down that and look at what happened I've been raising three beautiful girls while their father is in prison for murder, armed robbery, and attempted murder.

Even though i had help raising them I couldn't help but feel like I was alone, but one thing I can say is, I've done an amazing good with them.

They are happy, healthy, and thriving. Jenesis or Isis just turned 16 years old, Jenissa or Nissa is 15 years old, and Jekalyn or baby kay is 12 years old.

Jenesis is my 11th grader, she paints, draws, and cheers at her high school where she is a sophomore. She loves shopping and spending my money like she don't have her own. She's into fashion, modeling and makeup.

Jenissa is my 10th grader (she skipped a grade), she loves to read, write, and just like older sister, she loves fashion. She excels in any and everything she does, including making both the dance and volleyball team.

And last, but never lease, my baby girl Jekalyn  she's my 7th grader, she loves rapping, dancing, and singing. She has her own YouTube channel where she post challenge videos and uploads music.

I pulled up to the girls school, "bye ma" kay hugged my neck and kissed my cheek.

"bye girlie" i smiled at her and waved Isis and Nissa goodbye. I watched as they walked together than went their separate ways, Kay going into her middle school which was across the yard. Nissa and Isis walked together to the high school.

I drove off to go check on my businesses than drove home to my man.

We finished what we started before I left the house and took a shower together. "what you want to do for your birthday queen?" Mecca asked looking at me.

"don't call me that, Mecca." I looked at him through my vanity mirror.

"Wh-my husband used to call me that." I cut him off.

"I'm sorry ma" mecca stood up from our bed and walked behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rocked us back and forth while kissing my neck.

"It's ok..i know i don't talk about him mu-look, i get it. y'all got a whole lot of history between you too. I understood that when I got with you, ight."

"it's not just that-he killed for me, it's deeper than anything. I'm the reason he's behind bars." I admitting turning to face him.

"w-what you mean?"

"I'm only telling you this because i can trust you, before I got pregnant with Isis, I was kidnapped and put into a sex trafficking ring...my best friend was behind it and she was the reason why I lost my baby, oh yeah, i had just come from a doctors appointment the day it happened. I was gone for three months. Long story short bk found me & killed my best friend." I admitted a heavy weight lifted off my shoulders. "I swore never to tell anyone about it," i added.

Mecca stood in front of me with a blank facial expression, "that's heavy as shit. besides me who knows?"

"everybody know, but when it happened only the girls." I said referring to mariah and zariyah.

Thoughts?

So jalaiah moved on like bakari suggested.

what do y'all think of the girls? The sequel is about them and their life from their own perspectives.

who's pov do you guys want to see next?

08/31/2022

1,353 words