Yuuji, letting two people join him and his travel companions

Warning, contains depictions of cruelty.

***

"Mr Yuuji, sorry to have kept you waiting!"

"Mr Kevin!"

"Leave the talk for later! The styptic medicine!"

Yuuji and co, having annihilated the bandit group, were inside the cave that was their hideout.

The wolfkin Denis risked his life to protect Alice's brother Charles.

Being led by Kotarou, Kevin arrived at where Yuuji's party were doing medical treatment in order to save the injured and bleeding Denis.

Kevin quickly looked around and grasped the situation from Yuuji and the scout Enzo's words. Although he understood he seemed to be called as he was pulled by the clothes by Kotarou, he had not grasped the full situation. Since Kotarou could not speak.

Kevin took several medicines from his waist pouch. While moving his own hands, he gave instructions to both Enzo and Yuuji.

Kotarou, having brought Kevin, approached Alice's brother Charles. Slowly approached, as if saying I'm not scary, I'm your ally.

When Kotarou reached him, she softly held his sleeve and pulled. Go look at Denis, is what she seemingly wanted to say.

"Guh!"

While groaning sometimes, Denis received treatment. His breathing became shallow and gradually weaker.

" ...Denis"

With a hoarse voice, Charles called out to Denis.

"Charles, you've, come, back"

"Don't talk! Stay silent if you don't want to die!"

Former third rank adventurer, the scout of "Dark Green Wind" Enzo called out to Denis with a strong tone. The man who was thought to be treated as an easy mark but won Yvonne-chan's heart was surprisingly warm-hearted it seems.

"Denis"

Charles spoke Denis's name somewhat clearer than before.

Hearing that voice, the lying Denis's mouth curved in a smile.

"Even your fangs..."

Kevin, who had spread the styptic medicine onto the wound, frowned. He slightly saw Denis's teeth from his laugh. The fangs that wolfkins were supposed to have. The canine, of which he should have a total of four, had all been pulled out.

Ignoring Kevin's words, Denis moved his left arm and touched Charles's hand.

"Charles, bear in mind. Wolfkins you see... If they have no weapons then with nails. If no nails then with fangs. If no fangs then with their whole body. Fighting for the sake of protecting their pack and killing even if they die is the pride of a wolfkin"

Staring at Charles's eyes, Denis told him.

As if they were words of his last moments.

"That's why, yes, I'm glad I was, able to protect you."

Said Denis and peacefully closed his eyes. His left arm which was touching Charles's hand feebly fell on the ground with a flop.

"Denis!"

Charles's shout resounded in the gloomy cave.

□ □ ■ ■ □ ■ ■ □ □

"Mr Kevin, how is he?"

"The rest depends on Mr Denis's strength. Wolfkins have tough bodies, but how much strength does he have left living with the bandits..."

"Mr Yuuji, it will be fine. He was talking until the end where he fainted. Dying people would get much weaker, you see?"