Yuuji, attacking the bandit hideout together with Kevin and company

Warning: One part contains depiction of cruelty

***

"Will it go well..."

"It should likely be fine. There exists no such thing as a monolithic group of bandits"

Kevin responded to Yuuji's faint voice.

The bandit hideout which Denis guided to. Its entrance was a gaping hole in the ground. It seemed to have been dug open based on a natural cave. Its shape is close to that of a volcano cavern that exists at the foot of mount fuji. According to Denis, though the entrance is narrow, it seems to continue all the way to the inside.

In front of the cave, Yuuji, Kevin and Kevin's exclusive escort Ianis hid behind trees and observed the entrance.

Kotarou and Enzo further approached the cave and erased their presence.

Even Yuuji, who was supposed to be looking at the man and dog, would not know that they were there if he did not strain his eyes.Former third rank adventurer Enzo and Kotarou, the ones in the group in charge of searching enemies seemed to have high covert ability.

"Besides... To them, elves result in money after all. Plenty of reasons to double cross and rush out. A wolfkin returning for a hostage that was taken should be understandable for them"

They were letting Denis infiltrate in order to protect Alice's brother Charles who was in the hideout. The pretext Kevin thought up was that there was an elf in the attacked merchant group. As a proof, Yuuji stained the seal that he was entrusted with by the premie city feudal lord, with blood and entrusted it to Denis.

It would not be strange for Yuuji to be decapitated if he were to lose the seal. Even when that was explained, Yuuji took the risk in order to save Alice's brother. Well, Yuuji may finally have realized the capabilities of those around him though.

Noises of heavy feet could be heard by Yuuji as he watched over the entrance to the cave. It appears that Denis had succeeded.

"Mr Yuuji, they're coming. No need to forgive them, please cast away your hesitation. If we fail here then Alice-chan's brother and Mr Denis will die. The seal he is looking after will be snatched away by the bandits, so you won't be safe either, Mr Yuuji. Can you do it?"

" ...Yes"

Yuuji answered in a few words. He grasped tightly his shield in his left hand and his short spear in his right hand.

Yuuji's face was pale, but in his eyes was a look of resolution. Yuuji entrusting Denis with the seal may have been so that he had no way out of this.

Fifth day of their trip, and the fifth year since Yuuji came to the other world.

At last, Yuuji is prepared to face human beings.

"Damn! Those guys have the guts trying to get the easy life for themselves!"

"Not only is there an elf, it looks like there are also women you know!"

"After them!"

While shouting one by one, the bandits showed up from the cave.

The bandit group who erase their smell by mud and grass to deceive one's eyes and nose, the 'Mud Rats'.

However, perhaps from having rushed out after hearing of betrayal, their appearances were in dirty clothes and leather armor as is. In other words,they look like human beings in a glance.

*Gulp* sounded Yuuji's throat. His hands were shivering.

The bandits that remained in the hideout as conveyed by Denis numbered eight. Six of them rushed out of the cave entrance.