Episode 5- Summer Catch Part 1

Everything seemed to be easier when we were younger

Everything seemed to be easier when we were younger. There was a sort of lightness about life as if nothing truly held any weight. It was no longer like that. As I was getting ready for the day I had to go to the dance rehearsal I really didn't want to but Belly begged me too last night after we told me about her almost kiss with Conrad she was smiling so big and looked so happy why hasn't Conrad asked her to the ball yet? He clearly likes her.Dancing bought up a memory from 3 years ago. Flashback It had been a day like any other, only everyone was younger and everyone was happy. The boys had been playing chess, well, Conrad and Steven played chess while Jeremiah watched. Belly was standing between the TV and couch trying to dance I sat on the couch behind her, trying to give her pointers but it was not working. "Point your feet! Spin in a circle!" I gasped, earning a glare from Belly who was trying to take it seriously. "Straighten your legs and do a jump!" I added, I laughed at her Belly groaned. "Stevie, I need a partner." Steven scoffed. "Yeah, right." Conrad smiled, looking at Belly. "Here, I'll show you." Steven frowned. "What about the game?" Conrad just smiled towards his friend. "Give me one second." He took another one of Stevens pieces before moving towards Belly. "Copy me." The two started dancing as Conrad gave actual instructions, I couldn't help but smile they both looked so happy dancing together. "Belly, you're not even on the beat." Steven laughed, Jeremiah laughing along. "Oh, you're both horrible." Jeremiah laughed, standing up before pulling me off the couch. "We'll show you both how it's done." Though, we didn't start actually doing the steps Belly was trying to learn as Jeremiah just began spinning me which was making me blush deep, deep red my crush on him was still kind of new so everything we did together would make my heart rate speed up. I laughed, we started dancing around the house as Belly and Conrad just continued their own dancing. We both instantly had forgotten about the idea of showing the other two how it was done as we swayed throughout the first floor, we only stopped when we bumped into the back of the couch. I smiled at the memory and looked at myself in the mirror Susannah told me she was hoping to paint my portrait today she was doing Jeremiah's today as well I really hope she doesn't make me wear anything strange or makes me stand in a ridiculous pose, I left the room and went to the guest room to see if I saw them both playing their instruments Erin her guitar and Aaron his keyboard "guys really come on I'm taking you to the country club" I say "ugh why is Melissa making us go to some gross rich people country club I want to go and rock out on the beach" whined Erin "oh come on E it will be fun you and I can make fun of all the girls that pretend to drown to flirt with the lifeguards" "girls drowning come on Erin let's go" Aaron screamed jumping off the bed and running out the door I laughed knew that would work "I'll be downstairs waiting for you E if you don't come your be stuck here with the mom's painting all day" I say her eyes widened and jumps up running out the door I chuckled also knew that would work. I walk out of the room and head for the stairs than I heard talking it was Conrad and Jeremiah I started smiling when I heard his voice "dude, seriously?" "you can have it." Conrad said wait a minute Conrad sounds different like happy must have something to do with Belly and last night."Thanks." Jeremiah took the cup hesitantly. "what's with the good mood?" Oh no Jere don't ask that now he'll get mad again. He cleared his throat before replying nonchalantly, "nothing much. I guess I just woke up on the right side of the bed, after you almost killed me with the firework" "I said I was sorry I was teaching Tristan and you know her aim is horrible, also what were you guys doing out there anyway?" I think I should join them now I walked down the rest of the stairs "good morning boys" I said they both turned their heads will almost shocked faces "morning princess, shouldn't you be at dance practice?" Jere asked I walked over to him and leaned my head on his shoulder "I'm going just trying to bond with my step siblings Erin hasn't been easy but Aaron is just so easy to get along with, but I know if I don't go soon Belly is going to send me a very angry text" I said Conrad laughed and Jere kissed the top of my head "okay, well, don't you have a pool to vacuum?" Conrad said carelessly. Jeremiah pouted his bottom lip slightly which was adorable and checked the time on his phone. once he realized how late it already was, he kissed my cheek than started to grab his things frantically. "shit. I'm already late" "if you wait a minute, I'll take you. I'm heading over there," Conrad mentioned, watching him drain the milk from his cereal. Jeremiah shook his head and put his finished bowl in the sink. "there's no time. Princess want me to give you a ride?" I shook my head "thanks Jere but your already late I'll go with Conrad" I said he nodded than blew me a kiss I giggled and blew one back. Conrad had a cringed look on his face from his brother drinking the milk from the bowl. "seriously, you gotta stop with the milk thing. it's disgusting, and Tristan are you sure you should going to the dance class, last time you tried too dance it didn't end well" he said I shoved him playfully "give me a break, your brother was making me blush and distracting me, but dancing was an important part of my recovery so I have gotten a lot better at it" I tell him than I walk to the stairs and yell up "GUYS IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN HERE IN 2 MINUTES YOUR GONNA MISS YOUR CHANCE TO LAUGH AT PEOPLE TRYING TO WALTZ" I then heard running I smiled to myself being a big sister is fun.
Conrad ended up driving us to the country club , during the whole drive Conrad kept asking me if I knew the reason why Jeremiah shot the firework at him and Belly "like he told you he was teaching me to shoot them off and my aim was terrible we didn't mean to ruin your little moment with Belly" I said well it wasn't a complete lie it was kind of the truth "me and Belly were not having a moment we were just talking" he said I rolled my eyes "yeah sure I saw your faces getting closer if the firework didn't go off you would of kissed don't deny it" a smile appeared on his face "anyways what's going on with you and Jeremiah? And don't say nothing you two were more lovey dovey this morning than usual" he said I started blushing and thought should I tell him about the kiss or not? "We might of had a moment last night" "I knew it no wonder he was so smiley when he saw you this morning and seeing your face so red now means your very happy too" he said I smiled at him I did feel happier. I headed to the dance rehearsal room once I got there I saw the debs all with their dates and than saw poor Belly standing on the dance floor alone oh dear better go rescue her "hey Bells sorry I'm late" I said she turned around and pulled me into a bone crushing hug "oh thank god your here I feel so awkward here without a date also look what I just texted Conrad" she held up her phone to me and I saw the text 'good morning' with a shining sun emoji "oh good text and great emoji no wonder he was so happy this morning" I tease her she giggles and shoves me playfully I wanted so badly to tell her I saw her and Conrad almost kiss but Nicole was standing not that far away from us so that wouldn't be a smart thing to bring up. "Hey, Belly, Tristan!" Shayla says coming over with Steven. He honestly didn't look half bad in a suit he looked kind of handsome ew gross stop thinking that brain."Hey, Shayla." I smile at her she honestly was the only deb I could actually stand to talk too and hang with. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I was such a mess yesterday. I...I really hope I didn't screw things up that bad." Belly says looking at Steven and Shayla. "It's okay. We're good." Shayla says smiling at Steven. Gosh, they were so cute together I can't help but think if me and Jeremiah were together if we would be that cute? "Yeah, but you were a Tasmanian devil, though." Steven says laughing I giggled he wasn't wrong but some members of my family were worse when their drunk so she wasn't that bad. "Be nice." Shayla says hitting him. "We've all been there. The first time I got drunk, I FaceTimed each one of my exes, one by one, and made them tell me why we broke up." She says. "No way!" I say laughing that sounds like something I would do if I ever got drunk. "Exes?" Steven says shocked. "Can I get like a ballpark, figure?" Steven says and Shayla scoffs. "Attention, everyone." Paige says coming into the room. "Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington, all the way from Ms. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton." Paige says gesturing to a woman standing beside her. We all applaud for her. "Thank you, Paige." She says. "As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now...come on." She says. Belly and I were sure to be in trouble, since we didn't have any dates. "...and we will begin with fundamentals, starting with the box step." "Belly, what are we going to do?" I ask her. "I don't know..." She says glancing at everyone in the room who all have their partners. "When the music starts, you do not..." "Hey." Nicole says coming over to us. "Where's your escort?" She asks Belly. "Weren't you going to ask Cam?" "Um, six margaritas kind of ruined that plan." Belly laughs. "I actually counted seven." Nicole smirks. "I stopped counting after 4" I teased her she shoves me playfully, "Oh, great." Belly says. "What about you Tristan?" Nicole questions me. "I'm not a deb I'm just here to support Belly or she might kill me if I refused" I respond kind of embarrassed. "That's okay, um, how about you be her partner for today and I can supervise you guys." She says. "Okay." I say."But Belly needs a date for the big night. Paige is gonna have, like, an aneurysm if she waits too long." She chuckles. "Yeah, so will Susannah." I laugh. So, the dancing went a lot better when Nicole was supervising us and I started remembering everything my grandfather taught me I think Belly and I were actually getting the hang of it now. "You guys are doing really good!" She says encouraging us. "These shoes are hurting my feet so much." I groan I wanted to wear my cowgirl boots but those would of looked weird in here."Ugh, mine too." Belly says."It's a simple step. Forward with the left, slide to the right, and then feet close together." Ms. Covington instructs us. "Hey, did you do all this with Conrad last year?" Belly asks Nicole. "Well, Conrad was spared Ms. Covington. I was originally supposed to go with this guy James, but he dropped out last minute. So, Conrad stepped in to save me." Nicole replies that's why she's crazy about him he saved her. "Wow. Yeah, I remember Susannah teaching him a lot of dances." I say. "Conrad actually, um...he-he left me on read last night. And I was wondering if you guys have seen him at all today." She questions. "Um...no, he was still asleep when I left." Belly says. "And he was too busy teasing me to do anything else" I say it wasn't a total lie. "Oh okay." Belly and I continued dancing until my feet were about to fall off. "Now, that we have the steps, let's pick up the pace." Ms. Covington says. Belly and I start dancing faster and I almost step on her foot. "It's okay guys. You're doing great." Nicole says watching us struggle where's my grandfather when I need him. "Ouch, Belly!" I say cradling my foot. Jeez, that hurt so bad. "I'm so sorry Tristan!" Belly says. "Are you all right? Why aren't you wearing your leg braces" She asks me concerned. "It's okay. I'll be fine. And I don't wear them anymore I don't need them" I say but clearly I did today. "I'm sorry!" "Belly!" "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm fine!" "Hey, ladies." I knew that voice. I turn around and there he is. Jeremiah Fisher. Ugh, he looks gorgeous as always. He was just in his red swimming trunks and a white tank top that had netting so you could totally see his abs through it. I think I'm gonna die."Mind if I have this dance?" He asks. "Yes, actually. She's all yours." Belly says and goes over with Nicole to dance. "Tristan..." he smirks. "Jeremiah..." I chuckle. "You're so gonna get me in trouble with Paige and I'm not even a deb" I say hitting his chest smiling like an idiot and he laughs. "Hey." He whistles at Steven who takes off his suit jacket and Jere slides it right on himself. "Okay, Harry Styles." Nicole comments and I laugh. "How's this? This better?" He asks me. "Um, yes." I giggle. He takes one of my hands in his and snakes the other one around my waist as I gently put my other hand on his shoulder. "Okay." I chuckle as he leads me around the room not taking this dance seriously. I was having so much fun, though. "Does Jere ever take anything seriously?" I hear Shayla ask Steven. "Yeah, food and flirting." He replies and I giggle at that. "You look pretty." He says as he spins me around I feel like we're in a romance movie and we're the only ones in the room."You don't look half too bad Jere." I tease him. "You should wear a suit more often." I say. "Maybe I will. Just for you, also your very good at this" He smiles down at me and spins me into his chest. "Hey, Alexa. Play 'So Pretty'". He says. "So Pretty by Reyanna Maria, sure." Alexa says back, and the song starts playing. ♫ I'm so shy ♫ He literally just starts dancing in the middle of the damn room, like this was a party. "Come on!" He says and I push him playfully. "Stop, Jere." I laugh. Everyone starts cheering as Jere continues his little dance. "Go, Jeremiah!" Someone shouts. ♫ I'm so pretty and he likes that ♫ ♫ When he beat it up he deep inside that kitty cat ♫ ♫ Kitty cat, losing focus like it's Fetty Wap ♫ "Oh, okay, okay." I cheer him on when he takes the suit jacket off and swings it around. Everyone whoops for him. ♫ He don't like it when I talk back run my mouth like Forrest Gump ♫ ♫ Make my pussy throb when he shut me up ♫ ♫ Beat it up, then beat it up ♫ Jere takes my hand in his and we both start dancing as everyone else joins in. I was smiling ear to ear and so was he. His warm hands touching mine, felt like heaven. Being so close to him literally made my insides turn to Jello. I like him so damn much I could grab his face and kiss him again. ♫ Neighbors yellin' while we pipe it.. ♫ "What is going on here?" Paige shouts strictly. "Alexa stop." And then the music stops and we all falter the dancing. "Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?" She questions. "We had a 'code brown'." He says smiling sweetly at her I made a grossed out face EWW. "Yeah, we lost the keys to the chemical closet." I try to stifle my giggles but fail and Jere looks over at me smiling. Paige opens her folder and pulls out a key handing it to Jeremiah. "There you go." She says. "Thanks." He says taking it. "Catch ya later, princess." He smirks at me and kisses my cheek quickly for a second way too long. I was sure I was blushing right now. "Get going Jeremiah." Paige says and he walks out but not before looking back and winking at me. "All right, everyone, let's try that again... this time without the theatrics." Paige says. I go up to Belly. "Okay, you ready?" I ask hoping she doesn't ask about what she just witnessed. "Uh, T, what was that?!" She shrieks spoke too soon might as well be honest."What do you mean?" I ask confused doesn't mean I have to be honest right away."Jesus Tristan. Jere and you were literally making love eyes at each other this whole time he's been here." She says smiling mischievously. "What? No!" I say. "Oh come on, T" She teases me. " admit it You love Jereeeee." "Belly! What the hell, shut up." I say hitting her playfully "I just really like him and we might of kissed last night" I admit her eyes widened "What? Omg Tristan you got to ask him to the ball just as a date" she says "I'm going too, it just hasn't been the right time yet so shut up, oh and don't look but the boy your in love with is starring at you right now" I say hey eyes widened and she turns around to see Conrad smiling at her she smiles and waves back but than I saw Nicole also waving at Conrad AWKWARD. Apparently Erin & Aaron find a spot to practice music so they just been jamming somewhere all day. As of right now, I was sitting with Jere at the bar where Steven was working. "Oh... that's all breast meat with the special pesto aioli sauce, right?" Jere asks Steven who just brought him a plate of food. "I'm not your personal chef, all right? But yes." He says taking a french fry from his plate. "I walked all the way to the kitchen to get it." He adds. "Jere, how much are you gonna eat? That's like so much food." I say laughing. "Mmm. Mmm. You know how much I love food. Ugh this is so good." He says stuffing his face with french fries. It did look really good, but I'll stick with my milkshake which by the way was very good. "Steven, can we please get two Slushies?" Gigi says coming over with Dara. I look back and she is standing way too close to Jere. "Mm. Yeah, yeah, coming up, ladies." Steven replies. "Thank you. Um, that was the most fun waltz rehearsal, like, in the history of waltz rehearsals." Gigi says smiling at Jere ugh again with the flirting can't she take a hint. "Yeah." Dara adds. "You came just in time. Tristan is a disaster in heels." Um, does she not see I'm literally sitting here. "You know what? Tristan, right here." He says smiling at me and putting a comforting arm around my shoulder. "Is actually a good dancer. The waltz is just dumb." He adds. My heart surges at his compliment and sign of affection. "Thanks Jere." I whisper in his ear. I can't help but notice his cheeks turn a light pink I turned to the girls who both had shocked looks on their faces "and for the record my grandfather taught me how to waltz when I was a kid, so if I was terrible than that must mean you were very terrible" I say their eyes widened and Jere chuckled "Here you go ladies." Steven says coming back with two Slurpies. "Thank you." Gigi says taking them. "Always." He says and then they walk away. "What's their deal?" Steven questions. "Well, uh, Gigi wants a boyfriend." Not wrong there. "And, uh, Dara bit me once." "What! She actually bit you?" I ask shocked as I giggled. "Yeah, it's a long story." He laughs. "Also Tristan just stood up to them which was very attractive by the way,You guys want to get out of here?" He asks us I blushed furiously when he called me attractive. "I can't." Steven says. "Yeah, me neither. I'm supposed to practice for the tournament tomorrow if I can decide what songs to sing" I say looking at my phone again."You guys are no fun." Jere pouts and bites into his sandwich. "Not all of us have a trust fund, Jere, all right? Some of us need to work." Steven says wiping the counter. "And not all of us can play volleyball so we have come up with a whole thing to do for charity". "Bullshit. If Shayla called you right now, your ass would be out the door." Jere says. "He's not wrong there." I chuckle. "Yeah, but, I mean, it's Shayla." "Steven. Someone important must like you, because you have been promoted to the card room." A guy says coming up to Steven. "Woah." "The club has a card room?" I ask what is a card room anyway? "Come on." The man says. "Yeah, yeah, yeah." Steven says walking away with the man, flashing us a smile and some weird hand gesture in the process. There's a nice silence between Jere and I as he eats his food and I sip my milkshake and checking my phone some more where are they? Suddenly my phone vibrated and it was Aaron "oh Jere I have to take this be right back" I say "oh yeah sure" he said with his mouth full of food I gave him a grossed out face than walked over to a spot that was empty I hit answer. "What Aaron are you and Erin causing trouble again?" I asked "hey it's not my fault she drags me into these crazy situations, the reason I'm calling is Erin really wants you to join us in here" he said I couldn't help but smile Erin hasn't really wanted me to do music with her for a while maybe it's finally a sign that she's warming up to me "I'm on my way make sure she doesn't break anything before I get there" I say "I can't make any promises she's rocking really hard right now" I sighed and hung up better get over there. He hung up I let a big sigh my stepsiblings are impossible sometimes but I love them anyway. Jere comes over to me after finishing his food. "What was that all about?" He asks me. "Oh, um, just my siblings are insane" I say. "Oh." Jere says corners of his mouth turning up in the process. "What's that look for?" I ask him laughing. "Nothing." He chuckles going over to lifeguard. I lay down on one of the lounge chairs beside Nicole and Shayla and take in the heat, music filling my ears from the speakers around the pool. I was going to have to confront Jere soon, that kiss we shared last night meant something I could feel that it was definitely a sign that we like each other and that it's time we both admit it."Hey, Billy! Stop running. All right?" I hear Jere shout. I look up and infront of me is the funniest shit I've ever seen. Jeremiah Fisher trying to chase a little kid who's running around the pool away from him. "Hey, it's bad enough we had to shut down the pool because of you." Jere says strictly. "It wasn't me jerk face." The little kid says. Oh my god. I laugh to myself. "Watching Jeremiah fight with his child nemesis literally never get old." Shayla says laughing as Jere comes up to us. "It's sad though cause he's actually great with kids, So, how's lifeguarding going Jere?" I ask teasing him. "God! That kid is demonic, I swear." He says laying down on the same chair as me. "Where's your brother been all day? He's not texting me back. " Nicole ask Jere."Conrad is too much drama, Nicole." Shayla comments. She wasn't wrong. "Oh my god! Frank Ocean is playing the Yarmouth Music Festival." She gasps looking up from her phone. "No way!" I say. I mean I'm not a fan but my mom is."Stop, my dad's firm reps him. I can totally get us tickets." Nicole says. "For real?" Shayla says excited. "Yes!" "Oh, my god." "This is so exciting." "I mean I'm more into broadway and musicals" suddenly my phone went off I looked at it and started smiling big "I gotta go I can now finally practice for tomorrow" I say standing up "what are you doing anyway?" Nicole asked "one of my many secret talents this one is really extreme and cool" "and yet you won't tell anyone what it is not even me" Jere pouted I giggled and patted his head "don't worry your find out tomorrow along with everyone else see you later" I say and lean down to peck his cheek lightly and I saw his cheeks turn a little pink I smiled and walked away off to practice.