13: Transition

[ thanks sm for 8.08k reads! I never thought this story would get so big if I'm going to be honest! // long chapter to make up for the wait ]

thirteen

"Jer, who's here?" I asked, coming down the stairs after hearing the doorbell.

"I'm hungry." I heard Vicki say into Jeremy's shoulder before walking into the kitchen. "What do you have to eat?"

"What is she doing here?" I asked, now standing next to Jeremy, watching Vicki walk away.

"I don't know, she just showed up. I think she may be high." Jeremy whispered before the both of us followed her.

"Are you high, Vicki?" I asked, sitting on the stool next to the island.

"It's the middle of the day, Vic." Jeremy sighed, watching Vicki pull everything we had from the fridge.

"Could you not talk so loud?! My head hurts and I need quiet." Vicki nearly yelled, pulling more food out and setting it on the island.

"She's not high." I groaned, telling Jeremy. I finally remembered why I didn't like Vicki. "She's only bitchy when she's sober."

"Then why is she acting this? She has to be on something. She's eating everything." Jeremy whispered back, shaking his head. "I'm going to call Matt."

"Where is she?" Matt barged into the house, waiting for Jeremy to answer.

"This way." Jeremy walked into the dining room, where Vicki and I were. Vicki was sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall with food surrounding her.

"What's she on?" Matt asked, glancing at me before focusing on Vicki.

"I-i don't know." Jeremy shrugged, "Blair doesn't think she's on anything."

Matt only nodded, showing creeping towards Vicki, taking off her sunglasses once he got close enough, "hey, Vic, how ya doin'?"

"Not good Matty. I hurt." Vicki frowned, continuing to chew the small amount of food in her mouth.

"Okay, where's it hurt?"

"My gums. My jaw hurts. My gums - there's something in my gums and it hurts." Vicki put her hands in her mouth, pressing them to her gums.

"It'll be -" Matt reached to rest his hand on Vicki's to comfort her, but she pushed him away. Bitch, I thought.

"No, just leave me alone." She flinched.

"C'mon, Vic. Don't be like that, let's get you home." Matt reached out again.

"Just turn it off!" She yelled.

Matt looked at Jeremy and me. "Turn what off?" Jeremy asked, flailing his arms.

"The talking!" Vicki yelled, pushing Matt away so she could stand. "The chatter - just turn it off!"

Vicki starting to angrily walk away, but she seen the news channel on the tv. The news reporter than Jenna was dating was on the screen, at the druggies hangout. Jeremy grabbed the remote and turned the volume up.

"Three bodies were found dead in what we believe was a drug deal gone wrong." The reporter announced, causing me to stand next to Matt and watch as well. "The bodies have yet to be identified. They were discovered early today at the old Mystic Falls cemetery."

"That's where we were last night!" Jeremy yelled.

"What happened, Vic?" Matty asked, the three of us now looking at Vicki. Vicki stayed silent, continuing to watch the news. "Alright, I'm calling the cops."