12: Dead Druggies

[ thanks for 6.06k reads! Ilysm! ]

twelve

I groaned as I woke, extending my arm to grab my buzzing phone off my night stand. I peaked open one eye to see who was calling, the caller ID read Stefan Salvatore, the time at the top of the screen read 11:13 PM.

"You've already chosen?" I muttered after pressing Answer, "if not, I'm hanging up."

"No, I haven't chosen yet." He said, his voice angry. "Did you tell Elena?"

"About us, or -"

"About me, about Damon." He stated sternly.

"No, I didn't, I wouldn't." I sat up, leaning against my headboard. "Why?"

"She just showed up at my house, asking what I was." He paused, catching his breath. "if you didn't tell her, how the hell did she find out?"

"She isn't stupid, Stefan. She probably put two and two together. The killings began right when you and Damon got to town. Every death caused by blood loss. Caroline and I both have bite marks." I suggested, hearing a door slam shut. "Elena's home. I'll go talk to her?"

"No, don't, I'm outside your house right now. I'll talk to her." Stefan sighed, "I'll explain everything to her. You should act like you don't know, wait for her to tell you that it wasn't a cougar that bit you or something. I got to go."

"Alright, text me when you leave." I sighed as well, pressing end on my phone.

Yesterday was when I told Stefan he had to choose between Elena and I. I wasn't surprised that he hasn't chosen yet, there was a lot to think about. Yesterday was also the last time I talked to Damon, and I assumed that he wasn't asleep, so I called him.

"Little busy right now, Stefan. Unless your calling to tell me that you are sorry and you want to give me my ring, this can wait." Damon's voice came through the phone, somewhat angry.

"Do you not look at the caller ID before you answer your phone?" I asked, smiling slightly to myself. "Doesn't seem very safe."

"Blair, this is a surprise." His voice was less angry, but he wasn't happy.

"I was just checking on you. I didn't know if Stefan locked you back up or if your a free man."

"He locked me back up, but I had Caroline come and let me out while Stefan was with Elena at that Carwash today." Damon stated. I could tell he was squishing the phone between his shoulder and his face so he didn't have to hold it with his hands. I could also hear something being dragged in the background.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Just cleaning up after my snack." I couldn't see Damon, but I knew he was smirking.

"And could I ask who that snack was?" I hummed, knowing for sure that he wasn't eating crackers or chips.

"I don't know their names." He stated, after a thud sound. "They were just some druggies in the woods. It's kind of like they were asking to be attacked by some killer. I mean, you've seen any horror movie, the drunk kids in the woods always know in the back of their head that something's wrong but they don't do anything but continue to drink."

"Uh- give me a second." I held my breath as I tiptoed into Jeremy's room. I sighed, relieved to see Jeremy asleep in his bed. "I'm sure they wanted to be killed."

On my way back to my room, I could hear Elena and Stefan whispering to each other. "Don't party in the woods unless you want to be eaten, I'll remember that." I laughed to myself, making my way into my bed. "How exactly are you cleaning up?"

"Burning them." He stated, "but I've got to do that, so we'll talk later."

"Have fun." I pressed the End button for the second time. The house was completely silent again, meaning that Stefan probably left.

I thought about going into Elena's room and talking to her, but I couldn't think of a reason for me to just talk to her, so I fell back asleep instead.

-

"Hey, did I hear Stefan last night?" I asked Elena as she joined me in the bathroom. She watched me apply little makeup as she put toothpaste on her toothbrush.

"Uh, yeah." She nearly whispered, "he just wanted to talk."

"About?" I asked, knowing that she probably wouldn't tell me the truth.

"Oh," she paused and looked at me. "Just..." She put her toothbrush under the running water then began brushing her teeth, making her next word barely audible. "himself."

"Oh, alright." I paused, going against Stefan's suggestion. "I don't think it was a cougar that bit me. I don't remember being bitten." I lied, "I just remember waking up in the woods, with the bite mark. I would remember seeing the cougar before it bit me, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a cougar."

Elena said something, but i couldn't understand at all. She finished brushing her teeth, and looked at me. "I asked what you thought it could be."

"I don't know." I looked her in the eyes, "I mean, what could it have been?"

"I - uh, I don't know either." Elena looked like she didn't want to lie.

"Right." I shrugged, looking back into the mirror. "What are you doing today?"

"Meeting Stefan at the grill to talk." She stated, and when I glanced at her she continued, "about us.. I don't know if I can be with him anymore."

"What? Why?" I put my mascara down, as I was finished with it, and looked at her. "There's nothing wrong with him. He's like the perfect boyfriend."

"He has secrets, Blair. Things that nobody knows about him." Elena frowned. "You wouldn't understand."

"I do understand. I know, Elena." I sighed, "I know what him and Damon are."

"How?" She asked.

"I've been hanging out with Damon." That wasn't a complete lie, "I know you told me not to, but everyone kind of had someone. You and Stefan, Bonnie and Caroline, Jeremy and Vicki, Matty and Tyler; and then me. And Damon was another person who was just there, so I hung out with him. I guess he trusted me enough to tell me everything."

"And you let him bite you? Is that what happened?" Elena wanted to be mad, but she was more more worried than mad.

"Well, the first day I seen him at his house, he bit me unwillingly, but then I let him, yeah. He was sick and my blood helped him." I shrugged, "but Stefan showed up and stopped him."

"Why didn't you tell me?! God, why didn't Stefan tell me? Someone should have told me!"

"I'm sorry." I frowned, "but Damon's promised not to hurt anyone else I like, and he promised not to hurt anyone you like."

"That doesn't matter, Blair! There are millions of other people that we don't like that he can hurt, it's not fair to make deals like that." Elena shook her head. "I have to go meet Stefan. Please, stay away from Damon."

I didn't say anything, because I was planning on going to see him later tonight.

//

AN ; this is boring, I'm sorry. I kind of have writer block, the next chapter will be based on Vicki kind of. Not all about her, but it's based on the episode 1x6 still, where she hangs out with Damon and its up getting turned, going to Jeremy's and then running away aha. Please vote and comment! xxx ashelina.
(( also, do you guys prefer Dlair, or Stlair, Friendship wise? ))