Chapter Two - Battle For The Dragon

Start from the beginning

"This is news. Is it a credible source?" I asked.

"Again, only a rumour, nothing confirmed. No one even knows the competitor's name yet but one thing that is quite interesting is that this is a rumour spreading throughout the first years. Which most likely means that a first-year is making his way up the ladder incredibly quickly. At a scary pace."

Well, it seemed that this year would be more tiresome than the first with this new wave of potential troubles I would rather not deal with. I put my hands together in front of my face and rested my elbows on the table as I pieced my thoughts together. Something was definitely happening with the first years and I really hoped their troubles would not spread over to us but if one of them was becoming the president, the most powerful figure in the school, then that would pose a problem.

"Is there anything else?" I asked.

"Yeah. This is what's mainly been killing my head for the past few days and it's to do with the first years again," she anxiously muttered so no one could overhear.

"What?"

"There have been not one, but two expulsions in the past four weeks from the first years."

Two. Incredible. Even I was no fool to not understand that something was going on behind the scenes.

She continued, "if I recall one of their names was... Ya- no... Shizuka Yatori. A first year of class A was expelled in the span of four weeks upon arrival. There hasn't even been a special exam yet and this had happened behind closed doors. I don't think anyone knows the reason behind the expulsion."

Certainly, there is someone doing something. A slight possibility of someone who could be dictating so is Nagumo.

"Do you know any of the first years personally? I'm surprised you got such gold information," I asked.

"I just overheard it. Rumours spread around fast Ayanokoji. You're just too antisocial to listen to them."

A classic little jab from Horikita.

Like you can talk.

I had to find out more about the first years because it seemed like faster and faster they were stepping into our zone and I really did not want to expend any unneeded effort.

Suddenly, a few fingers brushed across our table. "Suzune," a deep voice drilled into her ears when we looked up to see Ryuuen Kakeru, grinning as always. She was used to him calling her by her first name at this point, Ryuuen was just a wild dog although you could say he had recently been tamed. But that didn't fit Ryuuens mindset so I sure hoped it wouldn't be like that for too long.

After all, we think alike.

"What?" She replied with the same booming energy. She creased her forehead and furrowed her brows.

"How is Class D doing, hm?" he asked.

"Fine thank you, none of your concern though. Why are you here?" she shot back. He pulled a chair from another table before a student sat on it and placed it backwards next to us and sat down. Resting his arms on the top, he spoke arrogantly, "I just want to have a little conversation with your friend here. Nothing to do with you Suzune."

She shot me a dangerous glare as if to say, "I didn't know about this."

"What's this about?" I asked Ryuuen but he looked over to Horikita and changed the subject.

"Your new hair is nice. What's the reason you changed it?" he asked.

She leapt out of her chair in frustration and turned her head to me, "It's obvious you don't want me in this conversation. I will be taking my leave."