11.

The rest of the day was uneventful. Only a few customers came by and returned a few tapes while some others rented some tapes. It was a slow day. The hours felt like they were dragging on for years, and Steve was itching to finish his shift because he was going to see Eddie again.

Robin kept teasing him throughout the day. Calling him all sorts of names and making him flush at the most awkward moments. Like when a group of girls stood at the counter flirting with him - for once he wasn't doing the flirting- and she kept mentioning something about cold rings around his neck. The girls were confused while Steve was absolutely mortified and red as a tomato.

He made the biggest mistake when he told her about his stupid thoughts about Eddie's hands around his neck. She shut him up immediately, before reconsidering and telling him to continue because she needed something to use against him. Usually he would shut up, but he had to speak to someone. He had to let out his thoughts about Eddie's hands, and Eddie's rings and his fingers. While he definitely kept the details to a minimal it was enough to clue Robin in on what he wanted Eddie to do with those alluring hands.

Once the girls left he turned to Robin again, "Rob... Do you know what the colors of that hanky code thing means?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "I know what some of it means. Why?"

"Eddie told me what it is and a few color definitions but he didn't tell me which pocket means what or what his colour means." He shrugged, feigning indifference.

Robin sighed. "I don't know what black means and even if I did I wouldn't tell you. That would be Eddie's job... But what I can tell you is which pocket means what. Right is bottom, left is top."

"So like in gay sex... He would... He would-"

"He would be the one doing the fucking. Yes." She cut him off. "Also you don't have to say gay sex it's already implied because you're both men."

Steve nodded, his cheeks inflamed. He quickly made his way to the back room, going through random tapes and checking how many copies they had. He shook his head to get rid of the influx of questions about Eddie that kept swirling through his head. He had to stop before he got turned on.

He stopped what he was doing when he heard a familiar voice from inside the store. He cleared his throat and straightened out his stupid vest and made sure his hair was good before walking out.

"The party has arrived!" He hollered, feigning confidence even though his insides felt like jelly.

Eddie's face lit up at the sight of him, making the butterflies in Steve's stomach take flight. His smile was wide and bright, "well hello there pretty boy."

"Hi" he said, face burning even more than it was a few moments ago. He suddenly felt all shy and nervous. He felt like a fucking teenager, swooning in front of their crush. "So what brings you here?"

"I come bearing gifts. A certain bard told me that my favourite pretty boy hasn't had the chance to go out to lunch today. So I brought lunch to you." He spoke, placing two Roy Rogers take out bags on the table followed by a holder with three milkshakes in it. "Worry not, Buckley, I've got some for you too. Couldn't let the pretty lady starve while my pretty boy feasts."

Robin laughed, motioning for him to join them behind the counter. "Thank you for this gracious gift Eddie. Although this is closer to supper than it is to lunch."

Eddie shrugged, "I would have loved to come by earlier, but I had some important business to attend to- and no it wasn't D&D campaigns."

Steve finally snapped out of whatever trance he had been in and moved forward instantly. He stopped in front of Eddie and reached for his hand. "Thank you for bringing us lunch."