10.

“You're late dingus.” Robin scolded as soon as he walked into the store. Her eyes scanned over him for a bit, making him squirm under their scrutiny. “Did you stay over at Eddie's?”

He cleared his throat, praying that his face was not completely flushed because that would give Robin the wrong idea. “I did. But we didn't do anything... Other than kissing. We definitely kissed.”

Robin jumped up and down, squealing like a child in a candy store while clapping her hands, “you guys kissed? What was it like? Is he a good kisser?”

Steve slipped into his stupid Family Video vest and shrugged, “yeah he is a good kisser.” He tried to be modest about it but just the mention of it took him right back to Eddie's trailer.

Right back to when Jonathan and Argyle left and Eddie led him to his bedroom. It was a mess, but a manageable mess. It felt lived in. There was band posters all over and tons of knick-knacks lying around on his desk in the corner. The shelves on one of the walls were covered with books that Steve had never read and there was a few tiny figurines that Steve was sure Eddie made for the fantasy game he played with the kids.

Eddie's room was filled with things that screamed Eddie Munson belongs here. Something Steve's own room didn't have. There was no personal touches, other than one sports poster above his bed. The soccer ball Mr Denley had gifted him with was in netted ball bin next to his desk, it was filled with a few other balls including the basket ball Mr Denley gifted him with when he went to visit the man a three years ago.

His room felt empty, much like the rest of his house. No personality, no proof of life. Everything was clean and white and in place. There was no random books scattered around, all of them were set in a specific order in their book shelves. No random pictures littered the wall, just one baby picture of Steve and a few pictures of his parents - their wedding photo, a picture of them at some fancy event and a picture of them on holiday - and two pictures of Steve from when he had won his first basketball match and when he graduated. That was it. His mother's stupid painting hung on the walls but even those were bland compared to stuff that hung on Eddie's wall.

Every inch of his room had life, personality in it. It was all perfectly Eddie.

Steve could only wish to have a room like this. Although even if he could redecorate, he wasn't sure what he would put up. He couldn't put up pictures of hot babes -his parents were disappointed enough- nor could he put up musical posters because he didn't exactly have any favourite artists. Other than Tears For Fears. Sure he liked Queen too, Bowie, Wham and a few other things. But he wasn't as passionate about it as Eddie was about his music.

He wasn't even sure if he had any hobbies at this point, other than basket ball which he still played now and then. Movie nights with the gang was also a bit of hobby -more of a tradition- and then hanging out with Eddie. Did that count as a hobby? He wasn't entirely sure but it's not like he could paste pictures of Eddie all over his room. Unless he wanted his parents to kill him.

They hated him enough and treated him like shit, so him having pictures of Hawkins freak pasted all over his walls was not going to help him in that regard. While he didn't care for his parent's affection anymore, he still didn't want anyone bad mouthing Eddie. Especially not because of him.

So yeah. Eddie's room was lived in. It was cool. Everything that Steve's wasn't. It didn't come as a surprise when Eddie asked him to stay over, spouting some shit about it being too late for Steve to drive when they both knew that wasn't the case. He was just looking for an excuse to keep Steve over, even if he didn't need an excuse.

He pushed Steve into the mattress and leaned over him, crowding into his space. “Can I kiss you?”

Steve nodded, not trusting his voice to carry him. He was a mess already and they hadn't even done yet.