"He's hurt me. But I know he's not a bad person. I'm just angry and I want my right to be angry. If I'm around him he becomes some yeye victim because he hurt me and now he's hurt. He should get out"

"Disputes are sometimes solved with distance, maybe that's what you two need for some time. He breached your trust, you have all rights to be angry. Never forget that. It seems his intention were in the right places but a betrayal is still one regardless"

Ninola wanted to roll over a hill out of jubilation because it felt like something she needed to hear.

She appreciated Munachi but it felt like she was telling her to forgive him but Mrs Adeyemi was telling her she could tell him to fuck off.

"Thank you. I don't want to carry on with the rape case at least not now. Maybe next year I can think about all this-"

But then Mrs Adeyemi, for the first time ever took the rug out of her feet.

"Rapists usually strike more than once. The same way you're not sure if you were their first victims, you can never be sure you'd be their last"

Ninola understood and glared at her.

Then stood up. "Thank you for this session, I needed this"

Mrs Adeyemi stood up too. She knew her words would hit a defensive wall. She was prepared for this resistance.

But it was worth a shot. Years of experience had brutally shown her rapists who get away with rape, get away with rape.

"Thank you for turning to me. Don't forget what we discussed in your last session, it is complicated now because of everything but remember, whenever and if ever you settle things with Arthur. Remember you were to ... " Mrs Adeyemi trailed off and waited for Ninola to continue.

The dark skinned girl felt her cheeks heat up.

She'd been avoiding even thinking about it.

Yes Mrs Adeyemi was a professional, but she'd grew up in a strict home where sexual things were a taboo to even think about in the presence of her mother

Mrs Adeyemi was a forty year old adult, she felt like it was a taboo topic.

"I was to bring up the suggestion that we start small to Arthur. You said the problem we might be facing with me freezing up was we were rushing into intercourse or skipping past foreplay out of anxiety. I should tell Arthur we should focus on foreplay instead of intercourse and slowly advance." Ninola rapped out and sprinted to the door.

"Thank you for the session Mrs Adeyemi" she placed her hand on the handle and squeezed.

Mrs Adeyemi stared at the girl in front of her and finally broke character by laughing, which halted Ninola from walking out the door.

It was a shock to her. She knew she was human but hearing her laugh like a human solidified that information.

"Remember you still have an upcoming session Ninola. Enjoy the rest of your day and remember, you have every right to be angry for as long as you need to"

Ninola turned to nod at her, then opened the door and walked over to Munachi.

"So how was it, how do you feel?" Munachi made small talk, because she knew she was about to drop a bomb.

"I feel better in a strange way. I feel validated. My anger is allowed" Ninola answered and looked around, the lights in the hallway were bright so that could only mean it was getting late, she wondered what the time was and she suddenly remembered she wasn't even with her phone