96﹒⪩ 𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗒'𝗌 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍

Just as they started their journey back to the guild, Rose and Laxus landed in an area surrounded with a lot of large rocks

Just as they started their journey back to the guild, Rose and Laxus landed in an area surrounded with a lot of large rocks. Most of their day was spent traveling through the continent - their location being farther than they expected. The night had caught up to them, both of them tired from taking turns on using their magic to reach their destination. "Can we camp here? The guild shouldn't be far from here if we resume tomorrow morning." Rose suggested while looking up at the lightning dragon slayer. She couldn't stop herself from checking on him during their entire trip, searching for any sign of discomfort from him from using too much magic but she found none. Laxus used to be out of breath when traveling long distances, always taking breaks until he felt better to keep going.

"That sounds like a good idea." Laxus responded while the lightning around them died down. "I doubt there is anyone at the guild yet." He commented before looking down at her.

Rose smiled at him while taking a step back from him. "If they were anywhere near, I'm pretty sure we would be able to hear them from here." She looked around in search of anything she could use to make a fire for the night. There was nothing in sight but clean ground. She bit her bottom lip while she hugged herself at the thought of freezing to death for the night or even being in the dark for too long.

"On times like this is when I wish Freed was with us, don't you think?" The lightning dragon slayer questioned the brunette while he took a seat with his back supported against a large rock. His question was answered with a humming sound of agreement from her. It didn't take much for Laxus to notice the discomfort she was experiencing. Rose never was comfortable with dark places, even when they had to camp outside they always made sure the fire was strong enough to last the rest of the night. The more the hours ran into the night, he could sense how the temperature slowly dropped, it didn't bother him much but it did for her. Rose no longer had her floating coat on - clothing that was removed when she was being treated and left behind at the infirmary - leaving most of her upper body exposed to the cold weather. "Come here." Laxus said while offering his hand to her. The dual dragon slayer didn't hesitate to join him on the ground, sitting in the space left between his legs. He wrapped his arms around her, bringing her close enough that her back was flushed against his front upper body. A small sigh of relief escaped from her lips when some of his body heat was shared with hers, warming her up enough to forget the night's cold blankets trying to wrap around them.