Distant by Heart

"Is this for me? They are so beautiful!" Yuuna admired a pair of earrings Jungkook bought her excitedly.

"Hey.." Jungkook kissed the top of your head, "I've something for you too. Let me show you. Come on." He dragged you to the bedroom.
He just arrived five minutes ago.

"I'm not in the mood. Just put it..-" Jungkook cupped your face and kissed you words away. He smile warmly.

"I miss you too."

"Did you miss me or you just horny?"

He frowned, "What do you mean by that?"

"You heard me." You snarled.

Jungkook scratched the back of his head.
You are acting defensive lately. He doesn't understand why. Hobi is right. You are upset about something. But what is it? He couldn't figure it out.

He took a few steps back from you and pulled out a velvet box, "I hope you like it." He said as he left the room.

You hesitantly opened the box which filled with beautiful bracelet. You put it on carefully. Should've know he had good taste after he wedding ring he gave you.

Yuuna question that time caught you off guard, you immediately declined the idea of fall in love with Jungkook.. The contract is the way..
After what Taehyung done, you have no confidence to settle your heart.

You fell asleep with bitter thoughts of the possibilities you have with Jungkook. 

—–

Stretching your body, Jungkook's side of the bed is empty. He took a quick bath and went out again. You were totally understand if he was angry. It is you who push him anyway.
You sighed, guilty.

He has all the right to be upset.

"It's bad." It's Yuuna's voice. She's still in the living room? It's past midnight.

"Yes, it is.." They are sitting together in front of the TV.

He gave her earrings... Come to think of it, they are very close. This isn't the first time you found them watching TV together.

"You are such a rebel. No wonder my people advised me to marry your sister two years ago. My loss. I should've listen to him"
You remembered his words.

... In the end everyone will choose her...

———

ACCOUNTANT OFFICE

"Our CEO is single." They were in the middle of relationship topic and someone just throw that sentence. It's favorite secret topic amongst the staffs.

"No, I actually heard he already married." Yuuna looked up at her.

"Really? But i don't think so. He's always busy at work. How could he find a wife?"

Everyone knows Jungkook always prioritize his work above anything else. He barely took a day off. He dates his work.

"Shh, do you think he is.. gay?" They are looking at each other. No body denies or agrees with it. He's surrounded by male employees after all.

"Isn't Y/n lucky? She is the only female there. I saw them side by side. She is actually good match for him."

"Oh, yes! She is so sweet."

"Sweet? Are you crazy? She is like about to swallow us whole every time she checked on our work."

"You never talk to her! She helped me the
order day. She looks a bit complicated but I don't know, she is quite nice to me."

"You just saying good thing since she helped you!" Yuuna carefully looked at their face one by one. Her sister is kind she knows that. It's nice to hear people talked nicely about her.

But .. she doesn't want to admit that you are looking good side by side with Jungkook.
Both of them ( Yuuna and Jungkook ) are talking a lot these days. Y/n doesn't love the man, she is sure by now, you never say a thing when Jungkook watch TV with her until morning. They have a lot of topic to discuss. He is a bit stiff but Yuuna finds it cute.

Jeon Jungkook. If only she is the one to marry to him. She doesn't need to suffer. She will be perfect match to Jungkook, and he already like her cooking too! Y/n never touch the kitchen.

Yuuna blushed thinking about the earrings he gave her. It's very stunning and she already checked the price. It's expensive! She's melting by his consideration towards her.

————

Yuuna opened the door for Jungkook, he just came back from meeting outside the office.
Jin went with him so you can go home first. It's not so strange anymore. This woman spend more her time taking care of him instead his own wife.
Jungkook looked around the room. He is looking for you.

Yuuna is in the kitchen. Plating the food.

"Where is Y/n?" He asked.

"She doesn't want to eat."

"Again? Your sister surely knew well how to piss people." He chuckled.

"..." Yuuna bit her lip, doesn't know how to respon to that words.

"Don't tell her i say that." He chuckled, who knows your temper better.

"I won't. Should i call her to eat with us?"

"Let that stubborn head of her starving. She'll come out." Yuuna placed the dishes carefully in front of him. The two of them were having dinner without you. Jungkook isn't very chatty person, but you heard they had quite long conversation every time.

And sometimes you heard him laugh too.

Why am i being stranger in my own house?
Who to blame when you watched them getting close to each other like it was very natural for her to be around him, her brother in law. And it seems like Jungkook doesn't mind at all.

"Why do you look at me like that?" You glared at him.  Jungkook dried his hair with a towel.

"Why? I can't see my wife now? Fix your attitude. Sometimes you are really pain in the ass." He just came out from bath, "Why don't you come out to eat earlier?"

"This is it. Jungkook! It's already started!" You heard Yuuna shouted from the living room.
It's his cue to leave.
The two of you stared at each other, clashing.

"I'm not really hungry." You lied.

"Wanna come?" He asked.

"No, i have books to read."

"Sure." It became your comfort. Pretending to read while they spent time together.

You have no courage to head out from the room, afraid of what you might see. You are not stupid, Yuuna liked your husband. She made it quite obvious.. You don't know what to feel about it other than.. accepting the fact that Jungkook might has a feeling for her, too.

If they are fall in love with each other, you won't need four years to divorce. He will agree to end it early and pursue your sister. Then after that you might get the freedom you always wanted.

Why it doesn't sound as happy as you thought it would be..

"Thank you for the tea."

"... Jungkook, i ..-"

"What is it?" He was focused on the TV, "Does someone bother you at work?"

"Oh, no, they are really nice.. Umm, but i think Hobi flirts with me."

"Don't take him seriously." Her face was bloom with happiness.

"I know, it just so hard since he is your bestfriend. I can just ignore him." She added, tucking her hair behind the ears.

"Well, you can. Don't let him bother you."

"Actually... it's been a while.." She tugged his shirt. Jungkook frowned, since when did she sit very close to him?

"Huh?" He stared down at her.

"I think i fall in love you..." She carefully leaned to his side, pressing her lips on his.