4 Deja Vu Pt. 2

Chapter 2

"How are you?" 

It was a Sunday afternoon and Byul-yi was currently having lunch with her mom, and Jin's.

"I'm fine auntie," seeing how her beautiful face was adorned with wrinkles, she knew until now, they were still worried about Jin. 

"I know it is selfish but I'm forever grateful to you for staying by my son's side even if he's with Yura now," the old woman reached for her hand to somehow comfort her. 

Why does she always have to be reminded that she was unchosen?

"How long should my daughter suffer?" her mother scoffed at the scene unfolding in front of her.

"Mom." 

Everyone is still disappointed and disheartened until now. They were all rooting for the couple. They all expected that they would end up together. 

That the two families will be binded when the two get married.

"I'm sorry, Byul-ah," Jin's mom looked around their table. 

It used to be the four of them. Their parents were close, as their households were already friends since the time of their ancestors.

So when the two started dating, their mothers would constantly hangout with them. 

"I just hate seeing her heartbroken like this," the other matriarch joined her supposed mother-in-law in lamenting over the fact that their families could not have the wedding they were all looking forward to.

Jin was invited to the lunch as well but he declined since he was having a date with Yura.

"Yah. You two. Could you please stop crying? You know very well I can't leave him. It's only been months. You think I will just simply give up?"

All of them were hurting for her, but nobody could exactly feel how it was to be in her shoes. 

Only if they knew how much she wanted to wake up from this hell.

"What really happened to my son?" Yejin asked as she was scrolling on her phone.

Byulyi threw a glance at what she was talking about, "Didn't know you have a twitter account auntie."

She could just shake her head at his son's post, "He rarely talks to me so I did my best to learn how to use this bird app."

Jihyun got curious about what they were looking at so she joined them only to be troubled by what she saw.

"Of course she doesn't like strawberry ice cream. It was Byul's favorite. All these are your favorites. Remember how Jin almost burned down your kitchen when he was trying to cook tanghulus when they were still teenagers? Ah. Those good old days."

She was also missing his ex son-in-law. She watched him grow to be the fine young man that he is now. He was like her own child too. The perfect man for Byulyi. The one she thought would love her daughter unconditionally.