Not that I thought he saw me in a serious manner to begin with. The man begged me for me to come back just to entertain himself.

I had to stop thinking his opinion of me held value.

"You'll be fine. So will I" I gave her a small smile.

Hope is what keeps us alive, right?

"Oh I'll make sure of that. I'll probably look up and stare at you through the glass in the office" she chuckled.

"Not unless I close the blinds" I winked, then turned around to walk down the hallway.

"Marano!" she thretened.

I had to laugh.

Once I reached the door to the office, my first instinct was to knock, then I remembered, my position.

This was technically my office now, right?

So I raised my chin a bit, letting out a sigh, before opening the door instead.

Once I walked in, I noticed Ross was already there.

Of course, he'd have to be early.

"Good morning" I greeted, trying to be nice, and he raised his head from the paperwork, staring at me.

His stare immediately took me back to last night, making me stop in my tracks to think.

He'd seen me. He was there.

I knew that. He knew it.

Would he say it? Would he acknowledge it? His friends whistled at me, which was pretty embarrassing.

And yet I couldn't stop thinking about that smirk, like he knew something I didn't.

Usually, I didn't like telling anyone in corporate about my second other job (except Camille, of course), not because it's some big secret.. but I was certain they'd want to come to the bar and listen to me.

And that's basically a nightmare. I've always thought singing to strangers was better. Even when my close friends, that I didn't felt judged by attended the bar, I still felt a buzz of nerves before I walked on stage.

Ross gave me a simple nod, and I looked away, once again resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

It's common human decency to at least say Good Morning.

Was I asking for too much?

Fine, I'm addressing him no longer. Noted.

I noticed my seat next to his was ready, and my stuff had all been moved from my box.

Placing down my folder, I looked around the office, still quite literally not believing that this was going to be where I worked for the next three months.

I was still a little shocked about the way things had rolled around, but hey, at least I was here.

It was silent as I went over to the windows, wanting to get a peak at the view before I sat down.

It wasn't anything I hadn't seen before- the large buildings, but.. in the storm? They were most definitely a view.

The wet look of the streets, the traffic, the bypassers holding umbrellas, the rain droplets falling on the glass...

Marvelous.

"I'm gonna need you to sign this" Ross spoke up, startling me from my little calm state.

I turned to look at him, and he stared at me.

"You're barely even on the job and already getting distracted"