What did I do?

Where did she go again?

Oh yeah, she went outside.

She always goes outside when she's upset, but anytime I try to help she just ignores anything I have to say.

I look out the window. She's sitting on the edge of the pool.

Here goes nothing.

"Hey Isabel..."

"At least you didn't call me Belly" she says. 

Maybe she's not mad at me? Not as much as usual, anyways.

"What do you want?" she asks.

"I heard about what happened" I walk closer to her, "I just wanted to see if you were ok"

"I'm clearly not, but I don't need your help"

"But do you want it?" I ask.

She's silent for a moment.

"Not from you"

"Well, then I won't." I sit down next to her, "But can you answer just one question? Please."

"Fine."

"What did I do to make you so mad at me? If you think that I have any idea and I'm just pulling a joke, you're wrong. I have no clue why you're upset with me."

"Do you really want to know?" she asks, with tears rolling down her cheeks.

She's avoiding eye contact, looking at the water. She must be really upset. I would be too if someone wrecked my date and then made themselves the victim. 

"Do you remember your 13th birthday? Conrad gave you a flower towel."

"Yeah, what about it?"

Why is she bringing Con into this?

"Well, you always bragged that you were closer to him than I was. I wanted to be closer to him, but I didn't know why. When I eventually figured out why, a year later, I decided I was done with you being an asshole."

 I don't remember this. She has to be lying.

"You're lying" I say.

"Oh, but I'm not. I remember fully. So just listen. You're the one who asked, right?" she retorts.

"I guess"

I'll listen, but only to hear how stupid she sounds.

"On your 14th birthday, I decided to get back at you. I wanted to take Conrad all to myself. The reason why I wanted to be closer to him was because I liked him. More than a friend. More than a brother. I still do."

"What the-" I start.

"But I was too late. I had chosen the wrong time. He gave you his gift in private, so by the time I found him, he had already given it to you. A pair of flower earrings. The ones that matched your towel"

"I remember that, but you weren't there"

"I was" she says, "I heard you kiss him, I'm not sure if it was on the lips or on the cheek. Either way, it pissed me off."

She's lying.

"I didn't kiss him; I kissed the earrings because they were so beautiful. But if you weren't looking, then how did you know what I got for a present?"

I got her.

"All you did was brag about it to me, that's how I knew."

Fuck.

"Oh"

It's silent.

I can't say a word. 

I'm shocked.

Because she's right.

"Look Belly, I don't know why I did that or what my goal was. But I can promise you that I don't like him that way. I already have my eyes on someone else."

I'm not sure if I was lying on that last part, or if I was telling the truth.

"Ok, I believe you. But I don't actually trust you."

Great.

"In order to prove it to me, don't talk to Conrad at all for the rest of the summer."

She stands up.

"Don't mention this chat to anyone"

She pauses as she walks to the door.

"Even Jere." she says.

We turn to face each other.

"I know you like him, y/n. It's obvious. If you tell anyone, I'll make your life a living hell."

She goes inside, leaving me out here.

Alone. With my own thoughts.

---

A/N

Jesus, that shocked ME. And I'm the one who wrote this.

I also have no plan for this story. I'm just making it up as I go. So, if there's anything that's wrong or anything I forgot then that's my bad 

After I'm done with this, which hopefully I am within the next week, I want to write something else.

How many of you like "My hero academia"??? 😏