FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

--After dinner--

Everyone's upstairs except for...

"Hey, do you want to come to the bonfire tonight? Keep it on the DL though, Belly isn't allowed to go" asks Jere.

"Sure, but why can't Belly go?" I ask.

"I thought you hated your sister"

"No, she hates me, I just hate her hating me. Does that make sense?"

"Yeah, I guess" he laughs. "She can't go because she's too young. I don't want her to drink too much. Dealing with hangovers is a hassle. Conrad has been drunk so many times, and I have to help him during every hangover."

"Wait" I say, confused "Conrad has been drinking too? Oh, I am going to have a very VERY long talk with him tonight"

"I shouldn't have said that.... but too late now" Jere says, trying to laugh it off.

"No, I'm very glad you told me" I say. "But changing the topic here, what should I wear?"

"To be honest you can wear whatever, but you have to wear clothes. Ok?" he asks jokingly.

"I was planning on that" I laugh, "I'm gonna stay down here to help clean up"

"Just be ready in 40 minutes, ok?"

"Mhm"

--after cleaning--

Conrad and Belly are sitting on the couch together. Poor Connie.

I walk up the stairs and hear something.

"And why do I get so nervous when I look into your eyes, and butterflies can't stop me falling for you!!!"

Someone's singing. It's not that bad actually. (*A/N* The song is "I guess I'm in love' by Clinton Kane if you're interested. It's at the top of this chapter :))

I walk up further, and I hear the singing more clearly. The shower is running, but it sounds like two people. Two boys. It's Stevie and Jere. Are they showering...together?

"And darling this is more than anything I felt before. You're everything that I want, but I didn't think I'd find someone who was worth the wait of all the years of my heartbreak. But I know now I found the one I loove!!!!"

Let's have a little fun, shall we?

"NICE SINGING BOYS!!"

The music stops, there's a pause.

The door swings open. It's Jere, I see Stevie's head poking out of the shower.

So, they weren't showering together? Damn.

"Don't listen to us creep!" says Steven. He has soap in his hair.

"I can't not listen; I have ears idiot!" I say, "Now rinse your hair out!"

Jere is staring at me, smiling.

"What?" I laugh.

"Were we good though...?" he asks.

"Yes, I think your duet was lovely" I laugh. "But just between us, you were better"

"Thank you, my love" he winks.

Those fucking sparkles.

"Now hurry and get ready" He smiles and shut the door.

Oh god. I feel like I'm gonna throw up, but in a good way. Why do I feel this way?

---

After getting dressed, I head outside to wait. Conrad and Belly are out by the pool. She looks upset.