New me/ Old me

Georgia

"This is exciting. I can't believe it took you so long to decide to do this. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all, you're here now. That's all that matters." Michael squealed in excitement.

Drew tapped my shoulder smiling, "you sure you wanna do this?"

"Drew, I will forbid you from joining in this process if you don't keep your questions to yourself." Michael warned.

Drew smirked.

"Play nice you two." I scolded. I looked at Drew. "I want to do this, Drew. This has nothing to do with Michael's nagging."

"Say what you want, you're finally getting a makeover. I'm too happy to care." Michael rolled his eyes.

I smiled at him through the mirror in front of me.

"Drew?" I raised a brow, also watching him through the mirror.

"You know I think you're beautiful just the way you are, but whatever you choose to do, I'll be supportive of it."

"Thank you." I blushed.

We'd been friends for almost eighteen years now and till date he still didn't know that once upon a time, I had a school girl crush on him. Okay. Maybe once upon a time isn't very accurate. But my crush on Drew was nothing serious. It couldn't be.

Sometimes I feel like he knows about it and is probably just pretending not to know so he wouldn't hurt my feelings. Either ways, being friends was better. We've been inseparable since I was four and they were five, and letting childish feelings destroy our bond was out of the question. Besides, I'd always thought of it as fleeting, and I like to believe that at one point in our life, I saw him only as a friend.

But fuck Puberty for messing with my mind...

I remembered my crush on Drew only in times like these when I was feeling my lowest. He was always there to comfort me. I guess that's why I could never completely stop liking him.

"How much longer do we have to wait?" I stood on my feet, walking back to the guys.

"Alfred is on his way. This is what happens when you don't have an appointment. Learn. For the future." Michael reprimanded sweetly.

"Ahh..." I groaned. "I'm already so tired."

"Beauty is tiring. This is a process you'll just have to go through."

"Bullshit." Drew snickered. Michael shot daggers through his eyes at him.

"Maybe I should rethink this whole makeover thing."

"No!" Michael yelled. He placed his hand on my shoulder and moved me to my spot on the seat in front of the mirror. "You just sit down here, I'll give Alfred a... oh... my... God."

"What?"

I followed his eyes to the man he was staring at.

"Who's that?" I questioned.

"Did you meet him at a bar or something?" Drew teased.

"Shut up." He looked at me. "That's the guy from yesterday."

"What guy?" Drew said before I could ask.

"The one from the church?" Michael nodded for me to follow along. "You know, blue suit... handsome... black hair..."

"Ahh..." I gasped. "That's him?"

I pointed.

"Yup. I told you he was gorgeous."

"Can someone catch me up? What are you two talking about?"

"You should go over and demand an explanation. Or better still, yell at him for being an ass."