Fourteen | endless nightmare.

* * *

Trailing along the steep narrow end of dark murky chambers departing from the leaving the cell you were confined in

Trailing along the steep narrow end of dark murky chambers departing from the leaving the cell you were confined in. Dresssed with a white silk gown that oddly reminded you of the attire of the inhabitants of a psychward. A sharp object teased your waist, forcing a pitiful cry to escape from your mouth.

''Keep up the pace!''

Gritting your teeth you supressed the pain to keep yourself steady. Making it to the inside interior of the celestial dragon's overly extravagant accomodation, you were off to endure another day serving as their dutiful slave within the confinement they deemed their 'home.'

''Oh Darling~~the maid has arrived, to cook something for you,'' a short plump lady addressed, her hands coldly gesturing to the kitchen.

''EW, she looks disgusting.''

Despite the tormenting treatment growing worse day by day, you remained hopeful for the day your crewmates would burst through the hallway doors to rescue you. It had only been approximately the span of two days since you were captured by the celestial dragons. Surely, they wouldn't forget you. They certainly must be taking their time to plan a good strategy to ensure nothing could go wrong. Planning. That must be why they haven't arrived, a good plan takes time. At least that's what made sense. Chopper's limp body resurfaced in your mind. The memory of blood that stained stained the concrete floor washing over you.

''HEY. Why are you just standing there?'' Jolting back to the present moment, you robotically resumed the task at hand.

''Ignore her. Thats just how they are darling. A nuisance to be dealth with-''

The door flung open, provoking you to look back in anticipation.

''WHAT is taking that obnoxious servant so long?''

''Father~'' the little child cooed.''You're finally here!''

''You won't believe how long the maid took.''

''She better not have died like the last one. I need to use it for merchant for tomorrow.'' To the outsiders ears, this conversation could be easily minterpreted as an innocently distressed farmers queries regarding his farm animals wellbeing. Not the life of an actual human being.

''Why are you standing?'' The voice sent a cold chill down your spine as you recalled the forgotten curtesy.

Kicking you to the ground mercilessly, you felt the burning sensation as the boiling pan was tipped all over you.''This isn't even cooked properly and you dare call yourself a good cook.'' He tossed the food over you distastfully, causing you to flinch at the heated water tracing your now immeasurably irritated and sore skin.

''GUARDS! Take her back to her cell and make sure she never repeats this outrageous behaviour again.''

The emotion that welled in your throat from the pain of being humiliated, beaten and burnt threatening to send you into a pitiful sob. To no avail, your reason to fight back or stand for yourself were pointless and all that led to nothing but a miserable tear seeping down your reddened cheeks. You were weak and hopeless. Limited not only in strength and your dreams of escaping were slowly fading into wishful thinking.

As you were dragged back shamefully, you felt the harsh shocks from lashes that stroke your back keeping you from losing consciouness. This time it wasn't the remembrance of loss that haunted you instead the defeated sense of regret set in. Remembering the past few years you spent before your reunion, the days you'd spent the only thing that occupied your mind being whereabouts of an infamous black-legged cook. The unfinished letters you'd sworn to send once you had mustered the courage to do so, still lying undone somewhere in the small pocket gap of a measly journal.

Your mind grew hazy taking you back to a memorable unruly night. The recollection of the pouring rain setting the scene clear in your mind, as the worrisome Black-legged cook jogged impatiently around the busy streets of Water 7. Desparately in search of his clumsy apprentice, that unknowingly to him stood idly by hidden at the edge of the towns tavern conveniently covered by the busy townspeople. In that moment, you couldn't help but wonder how things would've turned out differently if you had returned to his side.