Epilogue

Emil was in the hospital for a whole day, during which his condition improved. He had injuries on his body, but he was able to get up and walk around after being released from the hospital. He and his friends had time to eat together at a restaurant. They had just finished editing their previous video titled “The 21 Miles Ritual on Clinton Road At Midnight” with a caption placed near the title “Never do this spooky game challenge. If you do this, then be careful. Youʼre in danger or else... you might die.”

They uploaded it together on YouTube this morning, just a few hours ago, and immediately had a lot of views, likes, shares, and comments. Some have also increased their subscribers, and are looking forward to their next uploads. There are those who request that they do the spooky game challenge content again, but itʼs different. Itʼs not the 11 Miles Ritual anymore, and they all look at each other and wait for each of them to speak. “I donʼt think we can do this anymore. Honestly, I donʼt want to do that content anymore. No matter what, just donʼt do that.” Maia said, shaking her head.

They are doing another vlog. They ordered a lot of food that was served on the table. Their company was happier and tastier, especially because it was what they wanted and there was no problem. Their camera is off to one side, but itʼs recording and they can clearly see themselves taking food to put on their plates. Raquel did a live video using her Instagram account. She has many viewers and comments that she finally did a live video and what other comments is she reading? Next to her is Zelle, who is only peeking at Raquelʼs live video while her other friends have their own worlds.

Fio and Phineas are not lovers, but their flirtation overpowers each other, especially since they are both fighting over food like children. 

A while ago, Archer was focused on his phone, looking at an article. His brow furrowed because of what he read. The university they attended had a car racing competition, and the first to enter the registration was his rival, Larry Muller, and most unfortunately, he sent her a private message saying, “Accept my invitation. I know this is what youʼve been waiting for, isnʼt it? See you there, buddy,” He just shook his head and put his phone down on the table.

Emil looked at him, noticing that he was not in a good mood because of what he was reading. “Just donʼt understand them, just eat,” he said to his friend. He looked at Emil and spoke. “No, uhmm, itʼs about Larry again. There is a car racing competition that will take place in the third week. He is challenging me to join to compete with him.”

“Why donʼt you join? Itʼs your chance to show everyone that youʼre better than Larry.” Emil patted his shoulder, causing him to stop. He looked at Emil for a few seconds, but he just nodded and continued eating.

They took out food. When they arrived at Emil's house, Fio, Phineas, Maxon, and Maia immediately laid down on the sofa because that's where they were going to sleep. “Girls, sleep in the guest room. Theyʼll just go downstairs,” Emil said to them. Raquel and Zelle immediately followed Emil upstairs, but Maia hadnʼt left Maxonʼs side yet and was still hugging each other tightly. “Hey, Maia, cʼmon there!” he heard Raquel calling.

The two immediately let go, then he walked upstairs to follow Raquel and Zelle to the guest room. Five minutes after Emil had just finished taking a shower, he immediately opened his laptop, opened YouTube, and checked his account. Many of his subscribers have increased. He even watched the well-organized video he uploaded and the amount of footage they captured was really incredible.

Itʼs been two days since they did this spooky game challenge. Theyʼll never forget it because it was the first time they did it, but they wonʼt do it again, even if someone requests it. In the middle of his viewing, the electricity suddenly went out. All the lights in his room went out. He stood up and left his laptop open, opened his door and left the room. It can be seen that the girls also came out of the room when the lights went out in the whole house. “What happened?” Raquel asked firmly.

“The power went out for just a moment.” Emil went down the stairs, and when he caught up with Fio, Phineas, Maxon, and Archer, they also woke up. “What happened, bro? Why did it suddenly black out?” Emil answered that he didnʼt know. He went down to go to the basement to check the generator, but when he got there, its switch was open. He left the basement and saw his friends. “The generator switch was open, maybe there really was a blackout,” he says.

“If itʼs really black-out, why do the streetlights have lights? Thatʼs what they saw when they all looked out the window. “Wait! L-Look! Do you see what I see?” Maia stammered. Maxon was next to her. They were both looking at the front door. “What is that?” some of their friends asked.

Maxonʼs eyes widened; he suddenly blushed and grabbed his girlfriendʼs waist. “Shit! Guys! Look! Thereʼs someone outside the gate!” Emil frowned. He approached the two and looked to see what it was, but he couldnʼt see anything. “Where? I donʼt see anyone,” At that moment, Maxon and Maia were referring to a person standing outside the gate that suddenly disappeared. That was true, but they didnʼt know why it suddenly disappeared.

When Raquel and Zelle turned in the other direction, they noticed the light flickering in the kitchen. After a while, they suddenly got nervous and scared when they saw three people wearing black hoodies standing there. “Guys! I... I think... we were followed.” Raquel said intermittently. She couldnʼt speak properly, as they saw three people standing in the kitchen. “What are you saying, Ra—” Emil was stunned when he also saw what Raquel and Zelle were seeing.

Maia screamed, and suddenly their dread and fear started again. “They are the three people I saw in my dream last night,” Archer said softly, and his friends looked at him.

“W-What do they want?” Maia was terrified. 

“They are not people. They are shadows that followed us, but I think... they are here for a reason.” They looked at Emil. They didnʼt ask, but they were waiting for what he would say next. “Letʼs do the 11-Mile Ritual again, without breaking the rules. Same location, same road.”