Chapter 5

*** Ooo I think this might be the last one! Idk, I come up with it as I go. Sooo I hope u enjoy. I do not own anything of the game Slender ***

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                                                                      Chapter 5

    Despite my current state, only one thought is crossing my mind:

    "Why?"

    What did I do to deserve this? How did this happen to me? To all those other people? Why does Slenderman choose these people? The news said there were no ties to them, but they were talking about certain relationships, like friends, or relatives. Maybe each of those people did something that that Slenderman despises. I wish I knew the myth . . .

    Wait . . . Do I know? I remember the day at school when Kasey told me she first started to play the game, I think she mentioned the myth. But I wasn't really listening, I wasn't interested in it. I only started to listen when she talked about the game itself.

    My mind searches for any memory of the conversation. Maybe because I'm dying, I can remember the whole thing; it was like a command. I literally forgot every second of that day, now I can replay the whole thing, frame by frame. The voices begin playing in my head.

    We were walking to school, it was the middle of December. The sky was covered with pale gray clouds. The air was freezing cold, really cold - it was one of those crazy winter days. Thank goodness it doesn't snow in Los Angeles. She lives nearby, within the same block as me, and school was about a 10-minute walk away. Both of our parents are always working. Except for Kasey's mom though, she's a housewife, she doesnt even have a car to drive us. Her dad though, works for the authorities. I don't really know if its police, or S.W.A.T. team, or investigator, I don't know. She never told me about that, really. But they only have one car, and her dad uses that.

    I reached her front porch and I knocked on the door with a playful tune. Her mom answered, and she looked really tired; both me and Kasey have early periods; I couldn't have helped but notice that she always looked stressed, but when she saw it was me, she smiled.

    "Kristen," she said warmly.

    "Miss Cyrus." I greeted, smiling.

    "Kasey is almost ready. I think she's coming down the stairs right now-"

    "Hiya!" beamed Kasey, showing up in the doorway.

    "Hey." I replied neutrally. I wondered how she was so - awake in the morning. It was 6:00am in the morning - how was she not tired? We both said bye and she walked past her mom and met me at the edge of the porch; I had begun to walk when she showed up. We has just reached the sidewalk and begun to head to school when Miss Cyrus talked to us again

    "You two be careful, now." she ordered. Without looking at her, we both nodded.

   "Have fun at school!" she told us jokingly as we were walking down the sidewalk. Kasey and I both smiled and turned back.

   "Yeah, yeah. Sure!" Kasey replied playfully. We all laughed as Miss Cryus closed the door. She was really nice. She would be strict sometimes, like any parent, but she was also, kinda loose, you know?

    I had to admit I was envious of her a little. She loves her family, a lot. She even looks just like her mom. That light, golden blonde hair that fell right above her elbows, the soft amber eyes, her structure. We are both skinny,but not like - anorexic skinny. Just enough to please society, I guess.