Chapter 13 - Trace of You

A/N : 5K READS!!! 😭❤️ Thank you guyssssssssss!!!! That's such a huge milestone to me 🥺

- 13 -
Trace of You

VEGAS'S POV

The wind blew on my hair as I felt his fingers ran through it gently, the gentle brush of his fingers relaxed me and somehow made me feel a little sleepy.

"Is the temperature too warm, Khun Vegas?" I heard Pete's voice from behind me.

I was sitting on the stool by my dressing table, eyes closed as Pete stood behind me drying my hair.

Shaking my head, I said, "No. Keep going."

"Okay."

And then he was silent again.

I couldn't help but feel that I may have made a mistake on making him my bodyguard instead of my personal caretaker, he seemed much better at taking care of people than being involved in physical fights.

After drying my hair, he placed the items back into place and helped me into my study.

I began flipping onto the documents in front of me which had stats that I asked for from Kinn about the new project that the Ponpiboon family was preparing for.

Focusing on my plan, I was so immersed in my thought process that I didn't notice what was happening around me until...

"Achoooo!" the bodyguard standing a close distance to me sneezed.

I looked up at Pete who was wearing his shirt that was completely wet at the front from showering me.

He had been doing this everyday yet I had not notice that at all. And he didn't even dare to ask permission from me to change out of his wet clothes?

How stupid must he be to just stand there and catch a cold?

I was going to ignore it.

I really was.

I just didn't know why I made Pete take me into my closet.

And I was also confused by myself when I started searching for white shirts in my closet that are smaller so it could fit him.

Pete watched as I leaned against the sliding door on my wardrobe, running my fingers through the cloth hangers until I found a shirt I haven't worn in years because it was a little too small for me now.

Grabbing it, I turned towards Pete and pushed it onto his chest, "Here."

His eyes widened, seemingly confused.

Do I always have to spell it out for him?

"Your shirt is wet. Get changed now. I don't want you to catch a cold," well that sounds a little too nice, "then infect me with it." Yes, much better.

Pete nodded, making his hair fluff up and down in front of his eyes and it reminded me slightly of a Chow Chow dog.

I wonder how it'd feel between my fingers.