Chapter 6 - Emma vs Hakimi

Start from the beginning

My own father banished me. I was kicked out and forgotten, like a factory defect. And everything went downhill after that, I left my school and my new home was anywhere on the street I could find, in front of shops or in alleyways with the rats. So in the end, Akram destroyed me and my life.

And then the following year, I was on the street when I heard the news from two passersby.

"Did you hear that Barcelona Orb are coming to play Teikoku for preseason?"

"It's going to be such an amazing match!"

That's all I heard from the conversation but when I heard 'Barcelona Orb' that was enough for me to remember all the pain that I had to deal with, all because of that man, so I headed to Teikoku's stadium with no way to know what day they will be playing and I just waited until the day finally came.

"Wow! It's Barcelona Orb!"

"Look, it's Akram Hakimi!"

I was able to get enough food to eat so that I had enough energy to teleport into the stadium but I had to make sure that we would meet. So when the game ended, I ran onto the pitch and confronted him.

"Do you remember me, you cheat!?"

"Cheat?" Akram repeated, "I don't know you."

"I know you haven't forgotten about how you cheated in the FA Cup Akram!"

"H-hey, get this crazy girl away from me, I don't know you!"

I was dragged away by stewards and he never turned back, he just brushed me off like everyone else, I really was a forgotten memory. The days after that were probably the lowest days of my life, I was sat in the rain, with no protection, willing to die, and that was when he appeared again.

"I'm sorry for what happened in the final, what I did was wrong, including what I did when you ran onto the pitch. I knew that Barcelona Orb were only looking to get one youth player, so that's why I did it."

"And you think telling me about your greed is going to satisfy me!?"

"No, of course not. But you need to know the truth. After that match I had a lot of time to reflect, I'm a changed person now."

"Actions speak louder than words."

"That's why I asked Barcelona Orb if they would take you instead of me, we're still young and it's only been a year since the final."

"Well?"

"They said no, sorry."

"I've given up on football anyway. If all you came was to shove it in my face that they rate you more than me then I already know that."

"That's not all, I'm planning to quit football."

"......."

"I cheated to make my way to where I am, so I don't deserve it, I've taken the place of hardworking people like you. You can have the money I've earned through my contract wages."

"No."

"Huh? But look at you, you're barely surviving."

"The last thing I want is sympathy from the person who ruined my life! My parents found out that Barcelona Orb terminated my contract when they announced that they signed you on television and I was cast out of my family. They hated me and rejected me because I failed!"