"I-"

"I know and it's okay, we'll move at your pace," He said softly as he leaned his forehead against mine. A shy smile formed on my face and I gave him one last kiss before burying my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his manly scent. Eventually, we both fell asleep and for the first time in years, there were no nightmares.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
It was early the next morning and I found myself fully awake as the sun came up, my mind was swirling with so much information that I couldn't relax. I sat at the kitchen island, with a cup of coffee in hand and the parchment that showed the properties that I inherited. I loved New Orleans and had developed some amazing friendships but something in me knew that this wasn't the place I was supposed to be. The question was, where will I finally feel at home?

"Baby?" I turned towards the doorway where George stood, his bare muscular chest on display and his hair messy, though somehow it made him look ten times more attractive. His husky voice sent pleasurable shivers down my spine but immediately shook away the thoughts, knowing there were more important things to focus on at the moment.

"Good morning, love. Would you like some coffee?" I greeted him with a warm smile, his face softened almost immediately and nodded his head. I began to make his morning coffee and with a wave of my hand, breakfast ingredients floated out from the fridge and began to cook in the pans that left the cupboards.

"How was your sleep?" George asked with a concerned tone, knowing that I suffer from nightmares. I turn around to face him with a bright smile.

"I didn't have any! Isn't that great!" I responded cheerfully, making a large smile form on his face.

"I'm glad! It's clearly because I'm that amazing" He said smugly, making me giggle with a fond eye roll.

"Yes, I'm sure that's the reason" He gasped dramatically as he placed a hand over his chest, a feign hurt expression on his face.

"How could you? This handsome man right here brings you the comfort you need!" I raise an eyebrow at his dramatics, though he wasn't wrong by his statement. He did bring me a sort of comfort that made me feel like nothing could ever hurt me, even if I could protect myself, it's nice to feel that someone is there to have my back. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck, standing in between his legs as he placed his hands on my hips.

"You're rather handsome and most definitely bring me comfort" I whispered with a soft smile, his smug expression disappeared and his eyes softened immensely.

"I'm always here to comfort you, sweetheart" I immediately leaned forward and placed my lips against his, letting out a content sigh as my tense muscles eased.

"I love you" I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too" Our moment was interrupted by the kettle, which signalled that the water was finally boiled. The smell of bacon and sausages lingered in the air as they cooked, along with hash browns and eggs.

"I hope you're hungry" I sang with a bright smile, making him chuckle with a nod of confirmation. With a wave of my hand, the cooked food began to pile on two separate plates and floated towards the kitchen island, along with the coffee and stack of toast.

"This looks delicious" George sighed in awe, his eyes full of hunger as he stared down at his meal.

"Eat up, I need to call Kreature" Before I could do so, a frustrated-looking elf appeared with a small 'Pop'.

"What's wrong, Kreature?" I asked in concern, however, it turned to slight amusement when he folded his arms over his chest and had an expression that resembled a pout.