Now, Klaus didn't know much about Lavigne and didn't have any desire to learn more. But from the little bit he did know of the man, Lavigne could never stay quiet about anything. But when it came to the Piper family, however, the man's lips were sealed shut.

"I am aware of all of that, brother, but it still doesn't change the facts. They are no threat to me, so I am no threat to them." Klaus paused to take a sip of his drink. "Besides, they are all due to return home anyways, so soon they will trouble you no more."

Now that was news to Elijah. "Return home? Where?"

"Don't know. She didn't say."

"And you didn't question her on this matter?"

"I didn't see a reason to because, like I've been saying this entire time, neither she nor her family  are a threat to me." Klaus turned to his brother, clearly exasperated. How many were they going to keep running around in this circle?

"I am done running around in circles with you, Elijah, so you can leave. I have a very busy day tomorrow and -"

"A day with the Piper girl, I'm assuming." Elijah took note of how his brother rolled his eyes but didn't disprove his statement. He was spending a lot of time with Rory, getting far too attached to a girl that was bound to leave. And it worried the elder Original. 

Klaus noticed the look on his brother's face. "What is it?"

"Oh nothing. So what do you have planned for your final farewell to her?"

The younger's head tilted, "Final farewell?"

"She is leaving as you said," Elijah explained, watching his brother intently and gauging his brother's reaction. "And since you have no idea where she's from or who her family are outside of her aunt, uncle and cousin, then you have little-to-no ways of finding her again when she leaves. And considering how powerful and mysterious this Piper family is, this may very well be the last time you ever see Aurelia Piper again."

Elijah kept his eyes on his brother. He knew it his words weren't false; they both knew it even though Klaus would never admit it. Klaus gulped and looked down at his drink, and that's when Elijah saw it. The flicker of shock and sadness in his brother's eyes, so small that anyone else wouldn't have noticed it. But Elijah noticed and knew that Aurelia's absence would affect him.

But Klaus laughed lightly and shook his head, looking back up at his brother with his usual smug expression. "Still not playing a part in this little obsession of yours."

"Happy planning, brother." And with that, Elijah sped out of the studio.

Klaus leaned back with a sigh, "Thank God."

・゚: *・゚:*・゚: *

Klaus had an extra pep in his step as he walked around the streets of France the next day, a smile on his face as he greeted the French people. The sky was clear, the sun bright, the flowers blossoming. And he felt, dare he say it, happy. Truthfully, it was an emotion that the Original wasn't all-too familiar with, nor one that people would use when thinking about him. But dammit, he was happy, genuinely happy, and looking forward to all that the day brought.

Why? Because Klaus had a date tonight, and everything needed to be perfect. Nothing could go wrong today, there was nothing wrong with the day knowing that he was going to be spending the night with Rory.

So, Klaus rented out Étoiles Filantes for the day. They usually didn't do that sort of thing on such short notice, but the Original gave them more than enough money (and perhaps compelled the owner), so it wasn't a problem. He oversaw the music arrangement, chose what would be on the menu, bought a new suit, and bought a bouquet of begonias.