Meri Tum

"Mausi Kaki kaise bann gayi?" Amar frowned at his parents as Ajabdeh and Pratap looked at each other. Amar who always had a good ear had heard Heer's mention more than once on the engagement issue from various sources and had asked Aarchi. Archi was smart enough to get it out of Chaks and inform Amar who was now utterly confused. He decided to go to the only two people who could answer him now. Pratap got up from the couch and immediately got busy with a file indicating to Ajabdeh that it was her turn to explain. Ajabdeh made Amar sit on her lap as she caressed his hair.

" Woh kya hai na ke Mausi Kakasa ko itna pasand ayi ke woh Kaki bann gayi." 

" Hein?" Amar still looked confused as Pratap frowned at Ajabdeh.

" Yeh kya bole jaa rahi ho tum?" He interrupted. " Toh tum bolo. Bolo. Bolo." She urged.

" Umm... woh Kakasa aur Mausi ki shadi fix hui na toh..." Amar decided that Ranima's explanation was better. Papa always complicated things beyond his understanding. He interrupted asking, " Toh kya Papa ko bhi Ranima pasand ayi?"

That made Ajabdeh look surprised at the boy as Pratap smiled amused. " Ayi na... agar nahi aati toh aj Ranima Aunty ji hoti." He chuckled.

" Hein... aisa thodi hota hai, tabh to Amar hi nahi..." Ajabdeh started as Pratap stopped her.

" Tumse bacche ke samne kisi ne biology ki gyan mangi? Nahi na?!" He took Amar's hand and knelt to his height.

" Meri baat dhyaan se suno Amar, you will NOT take Kakasa's name in front of Mausi kal until the Sagaai is over."

" Aisa kyun?"

" Kyunki, we will surprise Mausi." " Yay, surprise."

" Hush." Amar nodded before hugging them goodnight as Ajabdeh excitedly blabbered about the Sagai the next day that Pratap decided to act like listening to while he worked.

The dawn saw Hansa's house in a mess as People ran here and there, someone lost jewellery while someone misplaced a key. Everyone was in a hurry to reach the temple. Ajabdeh drove up to the porch in Black Beauty with Amar and reminded him of the Dos and Don'ts once again. Amar was in a plum-coloured suit much like Papa is in office" to his utter happiness. He even had a tie with it. Ajab was in an all-royal avatar as she decided to enjoy this wedding like never before. Her whitish golden embroidered lehenga had a Fuschia choli and a baby pink dupatta. Her hair was made into a fishtail braid to flaunt her long hair and she wore the traditional necklace, mang tikka and nose ring traditions with her gold bangles. Her payal was the one Pratap gifted a few days ago.

She entered the house and laughed at the scene as people were running helter-skelter and even bumping into each other. Mahek and Rohan who decided to stay back and extend their holidays till the wedding stopped annoyed at the perfectly dressed Ajabdeh as Mahek searched her phone and Rohan his purse.

" Aayi dekho Kuwaranisa." Mahek smiled taunting. Amar rushed to Rohan as Ajabdeh indicated to him not to let Amar go out of his sight hence, to Heer.

Ajabdeh entered her old bedroom as Heer sat in an aqua-blue lehenga with Maroon borders and a red dupatta. She smiled at how pretty Heer looked but there was a sign of irritation on her face.

" Nahi ma." She stopped her mother from putting on another Sitahaar over her neckpiece. "I have worn enough."

" Are beta sagaai roz roz thodi..."

" Mera mann nahi hai." Rajlaxmi saw Ajabdeh come in and leave the room. " Jaso, yeh bangles utar do heavy hai," Heer complained.

" Aree aree, nahi." Ajabdeh stopped her. " You look perfect." Her hand reached to adjust the maangtika.