Prajapati

Pratap was at the temple for the Raj Yajna sitting beside his father as the Rajpurohit performed the rituals. The whole Palace complex was decorated with Royal flags and Insignia Banners of the Mewar Raj Gharana as well as the Sun and sword flag emblem of Surajgarh. Pratap was in a brown and white royal attire, with a beige Pagri and a Royal brooch on it. He sat with hands folded and eyes closed. The entire village, their families, friends and employees were crowding the palace grounds for glimpses of the big event. Local News Channels flocked to the gates where they were stopped by security.

Amidst the noises, conch shell honks, nagadas, and mantras, Pratap could hear the sound of her anklets. His eyes promptly opened and looked right at the temple stairs as she walked up, helped by Jaivanta and Hansa. She was carefully holding both sides of her golden lehenga so that she didn't fall. Her maroon velvet blouse that had a traditional design on it was covered by her golden-maroon dupatta. The dupatta went around her front to her head, as a veil and back till the floor on the other side. She was wearing Royal jewellery, including bangles, Kamar bandh, maang tika, nose rings and toe rings. Her hair was made into a braid with golden pins on it. She had highlighted her eyes with golden eye shadows and Kohl and fuchsia lipstick.

As eyes met he smiled as she looked away. His smile faded but his eyes were still on her as she travelled across the Havan Kund to the main temple and then to Girja Dai, hugging her. He smiled as she smiled in the hug. Ven was sitting right next to him watching him stare and gave him a push with his elbow.

" Kya?" He frowned.

" Havan." Ven smiled amused. Pratap narrowed his eyes towards Ven whose smile disappeared.

The Havan ended and Ajabdeh was called for her Ganpati puja. She did as she was told, a little nervous she seemed, as she ignored his glances. Ranima took Ajabdeh's hand and led her to the stairs were, everyone in the crowd could see them. She ordered a maid for the tiara. Ajabdeh's eyes widened as it arrived. A diamond studded Panch Ratna Tiara, very sleek and stylish for a royal heritage. Ranima took it and promptly placed it over her dupatta on her head, as she blushed a little. "My great grand mother-in-law made this," Ranima spoke of its history and how she wanted a tiara like the Europeans even when it was not tradition and her husband let her have her moment. Ajabdeh took the blessings of Ranaji and Ranima as the crowd of villagers cheered, " Kuwarani Ajabdeh Baisa ki Jai."

Then they stepped back, to one side as Udai Singh came up to announce, " Aaj aap sab yaha hamara shubh karya mein itne utsah se aaye isliye aap sabko bahut dhanyavaad. Humko pata hai ke Kunwar Pratap se aap sab kitna prem karte hai aur woh bhi Surajgarh se kitna prem karte hai, aj bas uss prem ko ek naam mil raha hai."

He took the Royal sword and the crown and gave them to Pratap who touched his feet, as the crowd cheered louder, " Yuvraj Kunwar Pratap ki Jai." Ajabdeh smiled proudly at the crowd as he folded his hand humbly to the villagers who loved him so much. It was time for the traditional royal carriage ride as a golden and glass carriage, covered by velvet curtains, and drawn by four black horses came up to the temple front.

" Traditionally, our Yuvraj rides through the village once after the coronation in this carriage," Ranima explained to Rosalina who was asking about all the traditions dressed in a red salwar. Mahek and Rohan were busy clicking videos and photos of the crowd and the events. Pratap walked down three stairs and then stopped to turn back. He looked straight at Ajabdeh as if no one else was present there as he gave her his hand saying " Chalo!"

" Me?" She asked, a little embarrassed as everyone smiled at her.

" Jao." Ranima pushed her towards him as she smiled and took his hand. Her diamond ring shone in the sun as he stared at it and back at her, making her blush. The crowd cheered louder as they folded their hands in appreciation. In the carriage, they were alone, as the ride started, with drum rolls and traditional marching before their procession as the carriage galloped through the crowd.