Crazy Anninisary

Heer was running through the lawns with her puja thali in hand, as she looked behind her to see if Jija was coming or if she was being successful in running away from wedding topics. She was too late as she looked in front and barged into someone, her head hitting his shoulder.

" What the hell." 

" I'm so sorry."

Heer looked up wide-eyed at Shakti, brushing the sindoor from her puja thali off his grey sweatshirt. Seemed like he was jogging. He looked up at her nervous face and smiled.

" Woh... Hum ne dekha nahi... ke aap..." She fumbled looking away. " Umm... Amar kaha hai?" He looked around.

" Ghar pe." Shakti nodded his head. Shit! Ab bina Amar ke baat kaise karu main.

Heer's mother came up behind them and smiled.

" Aree Kunwar Shakti." Heer jumped three steps backwards at her voice as Shakti folded his hands with a smile. " Ghani Khamma!"

" Khamma Ghani! Sunte rehte hai hum sab aapke baare mein, aap toh bade saare magazines pe aate ho!" She continued at an awkward Shakti. " Waise beta, profit kitna hota hoga?"

" Maasa?!" Heer exclaimed.

" Tum chup raho." Her mother stopped her.

" Kafi hai Aunty... mere lifestyle ke liye ... kafi hai..." He smiled. " Shaadi wadi kar li?" She stared at him up and down.

" Nahi Aunty, bas yehi irada leke aya hoon." He smiled, eyeing Heer who looked away.

" Maa, mujhe mandir jana hai, der ho rahi hai ab..." She reminded.

" Aree haan mujhe bhi toh ghar jana hai, main chalti hoon Beta, shaam ko milte hai." " Haan Aunty see you." He nodded as he watched her leave. Then he turned back to see Heer going towards the mandir and decided to follow her.

" Waise suno " She stopped in her tracks.

" Aap ne bulaya?"

" Haan... woh... Amar kya karega function pe?"

" Woh... I taught him and Aarchi. "

" You? Dance?" His eyes widened at his taunt and he regretted it looking at her serious face.

" Aur tum?" He asked, trying to make her talk. " Main... kuch nahi..."

" Main... woh... rehne do you not interested." He turned to leave.

" Nahi nahi aisi baat nahi hai, aap boliye na." Her protest was louder than usual, making him smile as he stopped.

" Nahi nahi rehne do." He made a disinterested face.

She was quiet and confused thinking she had offended him when he spoke up.

" Woh... kuch special hai... for someone " Her eyes widened as her heart skipped a beat.

" Umm... aapko... aapko pata hai na ke... umm... family function hai. " She fumbled confused as he smiled trying to hide a chuckle. Then he frowned, acting confused. " Kya? Kya Matlab? Bhabisa ke liye kuch karunga toh uske saath. " He kept a straight face as Heer looked embarrassed.

" Mujhe chalna chahiye." He watched her run with a smile.

A parcel arrived at the Punwar House for Mrs Ajabdeh Singh. Luckily she was the one to open the door and managed to take the parcel carefully, hiding it in her room. She shut the door as Amar jumped saying,

" Aree darwaza kyun bandh kiya main toh Jaso Mausi ke saath hide and seek yeh kya hai?" Ajabdeh was so taken aback by the kid she forgot to hide the parcel. " Wow, gift!" Amar jumped as she smiled.