Chapter Eight: For the Thrill of Your Touch

Never wanna leave this bed; tell me that you got nowhere to be. Can we stay all day? Lay low in our lazy luxury; sex in a rosé daze, all day, it's a real good thing.- All Time Low, Sleeping In

Sera awoke slowly, cocooned in warmth and a delicious scent that made her want to burrow further under the blankets and live there. She was nestled against a bare chest, and upon realizing this, the previous evening came rushing back to her in a wave of recollection. Paul kissing her, touching her, holding her, moving inside of her, telling her she was his and his alone, that he'd never let her go now that he'd had her.

He was beautiful when he slept. He looked peaceful and content, almost boyish. Sera wasn't entirely sure how long she lay there staring at him before she forced herself to sit up, slowly extracting herself from his arms in the process.

She recalled his words from the night prior, how he'd said that he wanted her to share his bed with him. The thought was massively exciting; she wanted to gather her belongings and move them into his chambers as soon as possible.

She stood, put her dress and shoes back on, and walked towards the receiving area in his suite of rooms. She paused to glance back at Paul's sleeping form, smiled softly to herself, then made her way to her soon-to-be former bedroom, practically skipping the entire walk there.

She began to load her belongings into boxes and stack them by the doors. She was on her third box of books when Lucia barged in.

"Sera!" her friend exclaimed in shock, circling around to stand before her, slightly behind the bookcase. "Where have you been? Why didn't you come back last night? I was so worried about you!" After glancing around, she added, "And what's with all the boxes?" Then she gasped, her mouth falling open. "Did the Emperor do something to make you leave?"

"What?" Sera asked in surprise. "No, of course not! Actually, I'm, um..." She gulped nervously and was about to continue when the doors opened a second time. Lucia, who stood behind the bookcase and out of the newcomer's view, watched with wide eyes as they entered the room and strode towards Sera.

Sera felt familiar arms wrap around her waist, an equally familiar scent filling her nose. One of Paul's hands slid up her stomach, his palm brushing slightly against the underside of her breast as he leaned down to press slow kisses to her throat.

"What are you doing, darling?" he wanted to know. "There's no need for you to handle all of this yourself. I'll have someone take care of it for you. We have to pick out your necklace later, and I want more time with you until then." Another kiss to her neck. "Come back to bed."

Sera flushed bright red, staring at Lucia with wide, embarrassed eyes. Before she could say anything, however, her friend moved from behind the bookcase and cut in, "Uhhh... Sera?"

Paul froze, slowly raising his head to look at Lucia.

Sera grimaced and turned around in his arms. "Can I... can I have a few minutes?" she asked hesitantly.

Paul stared at her for several seconds before speaking. "And then you'll come back to bed?"

She bit her lip, smiling up at him nervously and shifting from one foot to another. "If you want me to."

A slow, lazy smirk spread across his ethereal features. "Yes, I very much want you to."

She glanced down briefly at what little space was between them. "I'll be right there, then." Gathering her courage, she stood on the tips of her toes and kissed his cheek swiftly.

Just when her feet were flat against the floor once again, Paul gently took her chin between his thumb and forefinger, murmuring, "No, Sera," and leaning down to kiss her slowly, passionately. She sighed with contentment and responded in kind, and just when she'd begun to do so, he pulled away from her again. "Soon?" he asked softly. When she nodded, unable to speak or even breathe, really, he smirked again. "Good girl."