"Don't worry. I don't always dress in jeans and t-shirts." He answered.

"Right." The bell rung signaling the end of class. I grabbed my things and stuffed it into my backpack. "Tomorrow, 7pm. My house."

He swung his backpack over his shoulder. "Yes ma'am." He saluted with a smirk. "See you then."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Don't be late!" I shouted towards him while he walked out the door. He gave me a thumbs up as he exited the room.

I couldn't help the small smile that found its way to my lips. 

He can be so annoying.

"Did you just ask Jace to the fundraiser?" Kayla asked as she approached me.

"Kind of?" I told her, but it came out more of a question. "Just to keep the charade going." I couldn't tell her the truth yet.

"Mm-hmm." She hummed with a smile.

"What?" I questioned the look on her face was suggesting something else.

"Nothing." She sang skipping down the now empty hall. "You'll find out soon."

I scrunched my face in confusion. I hate those foreshadowing statements. Just tell me already!

***

"Ouch! Kayla, seriously stop pulling on my hair." I whined.

"Oh hush. Beauty is pain." She scolded brushing through my tangled hair.

I glared at her through the mirror. I mean I get it, but couldn't it be less painful?

We were currently in my room getting ready for the fundraiser gala. Kayla was in the process of doing my hair.

I know what your thinking.

Girl, can't you get ready on your own?

Listen, I definitely can. But you try telling Kayla that. You already see how intense she can be. You try telling her no. It's not a pretty sight.

This was her joy.

And I for one was not going to be the one to take it away from her.

"There." She said in content moments later. She turned my chair around to the mirror. She had set my dark hair in these beautiful waves, almost Hollywood style. She had it set over one side of my shoulder. My make she had did before my hair was a soft glam. Nothing too extreme, but not too light.

"You should make a career out of this." I told her. "You'll definitely be the next big thing."

Kayla smiled at the compliment. Her dark blonde hair was in a half up and down style an elegant clip holding it up, loosely curled with a few face framing pieces in the front. "I could become famous and we could travel all around the world. See so many places, eat so many cuisines. Oh, I want to go to Switzerland! That has to be a stop."

I chuckled. You have to love her enthusiasm. "Well, get started! Switzerland can't wait."

The look of determination filled her features. "After this extravagant party."