"Trust me, it's best they didn't. Could you imagine trying to explain to your COGIC family all of this." She said laughing. I rolled my eyes. It's best I don't even think about COGIC and just my Detroit family in general.

Ever since I left Detroit and started living my life, my relationship with a lot of my friends and family back home have dwindled. Do I miss them? Of course I do but I couldn't miss out on the life I have built with E. Let's not even get into me coming out to my parents and aunties. They bout damn near drowned me in holy oil. It took some time, actually years for my parents to come around to us, but I'm glad they did. They love all of their grandkids.

As far as E's side of the family, that's a whole 'nother drama that we'll probably get into a little bit with Essence.

"Enough about all that. How about we nap until it's time to pick up the kids and then we'll figure out dinner. We can have Krista pick since she's home." I suggested.

"Okay, you know she's going to pick Benihana's like she always does." E said as she wrapped her arms across my belly. We both laughed because that was true. We were all kinda creatures of habit when it came to food. We hardly went to new restaurants.

~~~~
Next Day, Saturday
Erica's POV
7am

The alarm blasted loudly on my phone and I hurriedly turned it off. I knew the Essence crew would be coming around 9am to start prepping the house and I needed to get everyone up.

Ki isn't a morning person so I'll let her sleep for another 20 minutes as I get myself and the kids ready.

I took a shower, shaved everywhere, and washed my hair. I detangled my hair and put it in a top knot bun to let it somewhat air dry. After brushing my teeth, I completed my skin care routine and lotioned my body before placing sweats and a tank top on.

I went ahead and laid Ki's sweatpants & tee on the foot of our bed and went to wake her up. She's a heavy sleeper and it's never an easy feat.

"Ki baby, c'mon get up." I shook her, which is the gentle approach to getting her up and of course she didn't stir.

"Kiiii, wake up honey. I got something special for you." I sung into her ear. She stirred a bit and hugged into the pillow more.

"I'm taking you shopping." I said louder in her ear. She immediately popped up and woke up.

"Now that's a shame." I shook my head and watched her focus her eyes on me.

"Morning baby." I placed my hand on the side of her face.

"Morning babe." She said in her husky morning voice that I loved so much. "We're going shopping?" She added.

"Yeah baby, after we're done with Essence this weekend I'll take you first thing Monday." I told her. I kissed her cheek and rubbed my baby's belly. I knew not to say anything to our son because that'll rile him up and I didn't feel like getting yelled at.

"Go get ready and I'll get the kids up. Your clothes is already laid out." I told her.

"Thanks Moe." I watched closely as she took her time getting up from the bed to make sure she was okay. This pregnancy is draining a lot of her energy so I like to make sure she's doing the bare minimum at all times. Once she closed the bathroom door, I made my way to the kids wing.

I like to wake up the easiest kids first so the order went: Wozy (16), Krista (21), Zaya (14), and then our baby girl Kai (5). Kai Valencia was born on September 4th during the pandemic and is the princess of the house. She's me and Ki's first child together and truly spoiled rotten. She's the perfect shade of brown, just like my Krista Nicole, and has the cutest voice as if she belonged on an animated Disney show. Her birthday is the same day as Beyoncé, who's become a close friend of ours ever since we moved to Atlanta, so she's Kai's Godmother.