10: Slowly, but surely.

Night had fallen.. and it was now officially the second night of this disaster. The longer they were left in the forest..the more likely it seemed that there would be no kind of help from Four.. at all. But, for the islanders, this would officially be their first night. They were as tired as ever, though, as the attack happened when they were about to get some rest.. on their first night on the island.

Tennisball and Blocky had managed to find a piece of scrap metal with Mephone, and had went back to Clock to try and fix him up. Mephone had been awkwardly watching from the sidelines, his arms crossed while his screen illuminated the group in a blue light. He was frowning, listening to the pair have a conversation while "Tennisball" worked on Clocks hatch.

Mephone had explained that he had been in a competition and had been the host, and that he and his competitors had been attacked by other objects, and at first Blocky and Tb assumed he meant just Evil Leafy.. but when he went more into detail about Grassy and Ruby.. they realised that those were their friends.

Tennisball wondered.. was it possible that she had taken control of them and was using them to.. help kill others? If so, the thought was unsettling.. but linked with what Four had said in the note. It was scary to think about..luckily they hadn't seen it for themselves yet.. but from how Mephone described it, it didn't sound so pleasant.

It.. just made matters worse. Not only did they have to run from her, but now each other. He.. was scared for Golfball.

They shared information with Mephone about their own show, too, and how the hosts left because of Evil Leafy and abandoned them to be killed by her. They were given a warning but.. no other help. They explained how their show was much bigger, but also how they had lost a lot more contestants.. and given the fact Evil Leafy could possess them, this wasn't good news.

Mephone couldn't believe the .. cowardice of their hosts, though. How could they just.. leave their contestants? Mephone could never do that, he genuinely had empathy for his own contestants. He knew that the group was expecting him to try and be in charge however since he had the "host" title, he could sense it. Yet all he wanted to do was find his own contestants and leave this death trap.

The more he spent time with these guys, though, the more he wanted to help them. He prioritised his own contestants of course, but he couldn't just leave the other ones.

It was some relief knowing Evil Leafy hadn't actually made her way to other world on her own, and that it has actually just been "Test Tubes" invention.

"So.. you're a tech guy, huh?" Mephone wondered bluntly, making his way over to the pair since there had been some distance between them. Blocky ignored the question since he knew it wasn't directed towards him, Tennisball jumping up. "Wha-? Me?"

"Uh, yeah, you." Mephone looked confused, not sure why Tennisball was asking that as it seemed obvious. TB looked to the side, "Uhhhhh.. I..I..guesssss? I specialise more with inventions."

"Well, yeah, tech." Mephone shrugged, his arms still crossed.

"N-No, uh.. that's more Basketballs thing. O-Or Golfball! They're not.. here, though. I-I'm not really sure how to fix ..uh, contestants.. Clocks mechanics are just similar to the things I'm interested in, so.. I-I know how to help him." Tennisball explained anxiously, assuming Mephone was asking because he was cracked. Mephone frowned, looking dissapointed.

"Where can I find them?"

"I-its best to stay with us. But we're gonna be looking for groups tomorrow so.. we might find them! Or some of your contestants.." Tb was trying to be encouraging, but also trying to let Mephone know in the kindest way possible that he needed to be paitent.