Declaration of War

Start from the beginning

"Who?"

"Storm!"

There was another rumble of thunder making Beam stomp her foot in anger. The weather was a reminder of the person she wanted to forget most, but apparently, the universe wouldn't let her.

"Is there something you haven't told me? You've been acting strange since last week. I didn't even know you could get angry. Did something happen at the alumni party? Wait, did you meet P'Payu?"

"Don't say his name!"

"What? P'Payu is a very nice senior. Why don't you like him?"

Beam hesitated to tell her cousin what had transpired the other night. Not only was it embarrassing, but she wasn't sure how he would react.

"Then you don't know him at all!"

She hoped she never had to see Payu again. The thought made her gasp.

"Beam? What's wrong?"

"I have to collect my car!"

Getting out her phone, she decided to at least find out whether it was ready before worrying about having to see Payu again. Calling the garage, they said that she could come and collect it that afternoon. After ending the call, Beam frowned.

"Is it not ready?"

"It is."

"Then why are you upset?"

"Because I have to see P'Payu! What am I going to do?"

Sky grinned at his cousin. He didn't know what had happened between her and the senior, but he was enjoying seeing her so worked up about something. Usually, she was always calm and composed, so it was nice to see some life in her.

"What do you have against him?"

"P'Payu is a bad guy!"

"What was that?"

They turned around to see Ple and her brother walking behind them.

"I, um, I was just saying that P'Payu isn't as good a person as everyone thinks he is."

"How can you say that? What evidence do you have?"

As the siblings looked at her angrily, Beam wished she had never said anything. She didn't have any evidence of how Payu had treated her, only her word, and she had a feeling that no one was going to believe her.

"I - I..."

"You should respect your seniors and stop talking nonsense!"

Ple looked at Beam sadly before running after her brother who had stormed away.

Beam felt her eyes water. She hated confrontation and she hated disappointing someone. The news of her talking against the beloved Payu was sure to circle the department. Before she had basically been invisible, but now everyone would know and dislike her. It was all his fault.

She angrily wiped her eyes as her anger built up again.

"I hate P'Payu."

"Don't say that too loud."

"I'm going to show everyone what he's really like."

Sky sighed and rested his hand on her shoulder.

"Beam, a kitten who tried to go up against a tiger... do I need to tell you how it turns out?"

At the garage, Beam looked around nervously keeping an eye out for Payu. As she looked around she noticed how expensive all the cars were. Thinking about how empty her purse was, she gulped before turning back to face the receptionist.