⇢ 𝟐𝟓 ˗ˏˋ 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚍 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The Field of Reeds had an illuminating golden sunlight shining against Marc's chocolate eyes, the reeds softly caressing the tips of his feet and clothes, and there was no sign of loud noises or voices all around him. He felt like he could finally take a deep breath without looking behind his shoulder.

"The Scales are balanced," Taweret announced in her soft voice, her form right behind Marc. "Your heart is full."

Marc felt something heavy in his hand and he lowered his head just to see how his white, cristal heart was in his palm. A sense of guilt came over him, recalling what he had witnessed not too long ago, and how neither of them were with him now.

"Your journey is over," Taweret spoke.

Marc closed his eyes to savor the moment. "It's so. . .quiet."

"The peace you always wanted but never had," the goddess told him in a quiet tone, and Marc turned over to her. "You're manifesting it. No danger. No loneliness or hurt."

He was afraid to ask. "What about Steven and (Y/N)?"

"They're gone, Marc. The Duat has them," Taweret said and there was a sense of solemn in her voice and eyes. "Please, enjoy your peace."

"We need to go back for them," he decided firmly.

"It doesn't work like that."

Taweret's ears flickered like she sensed hesitation in Marc and she tried to persuade him. "Leave here, and you can't return. Anyway, you don't need him anymore, Marc. (Y/N)'s expecting death would've been much more painful to her."

Marc shut his eyes tightly at that. "So I get to go on to eternal peace and they just. . stay lost in the sand forever?"

There was no answer from Taweret, and Marc savored the last few moments of the eternal peace, making sure to remember the sight of the Field of Reeds for a long time before whirling on his heel.

"No, I'm not good with that," he said.

He ran with his hands still cradling the cristal heart and the yellows and oranges disappeared completely from his sight as if they were never there. They were replaced by the familiar purple scenery and the sand underneath his shoes.

"Wait! Think about this!" Taweret tried to warn.

Marc faintly heard her warning and he searched through the mountains of sand in the Duat to find Steven and (Y/N)'s frozen figures buried in between the sand. He swallowed the lump in his throat and decided to walk forward.