⇢ 𝟎𝟑 ˗ˏˋ 𝙰 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"Here. Bolt the door."

The trio ran into an empty room inside of the warehouse, trying to buy themselves some time to figure out an escape from Harrow and his followers. Layla and (Y/N) were the ones that made sure that the door was secure for no one to enter while Steven stayed back while catching his breath.

Once they confirmed that they were secure, Layla rushed over to the window and (Y/N) was finally able to take a look around the room they just entered. It was filled with kinds of sarcophaguses all over the room, laying on tables or standing up by themselves, some even covered by white sheets.

"Oh, my God," she heard Steven breathe out from beside her and she looked back at him. "I'm going to die in an evil magician's man cave."

(Y/N) finally noticed the look of absolute terror in his eyes and grabbed Steven by the shoulders to force him to make him look at her. "No. Hey. Listen to me. Listen to me."

Layla made her way to (Y/N)'s side after checking the window and the three of them heard the pounding on the door. "Your name is Marc. There's a suit. I've seen you use it. You bring it out."

Steven shook his head desperately. "No."

The pounding on the door kept growing louder, and Layla was forced to leave (Y/N)'s side and try to buy them some time by holding the door closed, even though the lock was already on. "Where are you? We need you to fight."

"Let me in, Steven!" He saw Marc's reflection in one artifact and his nerves were growing.

"No. I can't," Steven pleaded. "Stop, please, both of you."

"Hey, Steven — " (Y/N) tried to call for him, but he didn't budge.

"Let me in. There's no more time," Marx's voice grew louder inside his head, echoing in his ears.

"Please stop."

"Listen to me," (Y/N) kept her firm grip on his shoulders and Steven was trying so desperately to hear her voice instead of Marc's yells in his mind.

"Let me in. Let me in," Marc pleaded. "Let me in."

"Steven," (Y/N) muttered, this time more firmly and it was enough to make him lock eyes with her even though he flickered his gaze somewhere else from time to time. "It's okay. It's okay. Calm down. Breathe in."

Steven did as told and his shaky breath seemed to even out, and his hands moved away from his head before his knees gave out underneath him and caused him to fall to the ground. Y/N) spared one glance at Layla to see how she was doing with the door and then knelt in front of him. "Now, breathe out."

Steven copied her actions and he avoided meeting her eyes due to the embarrassment. All (Y/N) did was place a hand on his shoulder and encouraged him to continue the previous actions so he could breathe properly.