⇢ 𝟎𝟔 ˗ˏˋ𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚘𝚊𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚕𝚔 ࿐ྂ

CAIRO, EGYPT ⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

CAIRO, EGYPT
⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

The intense heat from the city of Cairo boiled down on (Y/N)'s skin, though she was already accustomed to the extreme weather ever since she was young, knowing how to handle it was always a difficult task.

Her and Layla were patiently walking through the several stands of food and drinks placed along the street while trying to deal with the radiant heat. After several attempts of convincing, Layla forced (Y/N) to buy drinks for themselves while they figured what to do next.

"You all right?" Layla asked after hesitating for a few seconds, she'd noticed how (Y/N) wasn't in her best mood after visiting Lagaro, and she wanted to know why. "You look exhausted."

"It's fine," (Y/N) took a sip from her drink and tried to fan herself with her hand. "Don't worry."

Layla hummed in response but didn't buy it, but she didn't want to insist until another thought came to her head. "But do you feel okay? Are you dizzy? Did you take your pill today? When was the last time — "

"Layla," (Y/N) raised her hands to make her pause and her tone was laced with a small laugh. "I'm fine. You're starting to sound like my mother, and that's not something good."

Layla nodded but she winced internally at the mention of her friend's mother. Layla knew it was a sore spot for (Y/N) and it probably looked like she was overreacting, but the overprotective instinct got over. It's been like this ever since they were young, after Layla found out about (Y/N)'s strange illness, she had promised she'd make sure she always safe.

"Sorry," Layla said as she played with the straw of her drink. "Opened an old wound, didn't I?"

"You don't have to apologize," (Y/N) explained. "The talk back with Lagaro was the trigger."

"I get it. It was hard for me too," Layla took a sip from the drink. "But I wasn't going to let it bother me, it happened a long time ago."

(Y/N) took in her words and was about to utter a response, when she heard a vendor yelling out in Arabic and spotted the strangely familiar male figure walking over to the said vendor. Layla followed her line of sight and she squinted her vision to get a better look.

"Is that — ?" Layla began.

"It is," (Y/N) quieted her doubt. "Looks like we found him after all."

They walked across the street to approach the other line of stands and vendors around the area, where Marc was trying to blend in supposedly but all he wore was a black cap to hid his face. (Y/N) resisted the urge to let out a laugh.

"I hope you like attention," Layla spoke up first and offered him a slick smirk, sipping from her drink, her curls falling to frame her face.

"You really thought a single cap was going to be a good enough disguise? Seriously?" (Y/N) leaned on Layla's shoulder while offering a grin of her own.