⇢ 𝟎𝟕 ˗ˏˋ 𝙼𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚝'𝚜 ࿐ྂ

⊱ ────── {⋆❉⋆} ────── ⊰

"Okay. Let's get our story straight."

When the boat finally reached the shore, the trio were the last ones to step out in order to not draw that much attention to themselves. Marc, hesitantly at first, offered his hand to help (Y/N) out of the boat and she took his hand with a frown on her face. He then tried to do the same with Layla, but instead she threw her backpack in his chest and used her own strength to get out of the boat and stand besides (Y/N).

"This guy's got a lot of friends," Marc muttered under his breath, the corner of his eye watching the men a few feet away.

"Yeah, and a lot of guns," Layla explained.

Marc took the backpacks and kneeled down to hide them out of sight when something else in the water caught his eye. It was a smaller boat than the one they came on, and two men were inside while taking watch.

"What's wrong?"

"Harrow's men keeping tabs?"

"I don't know. It could be."

Layla let out a shaky breath and cleared her throat. "Let's go."

The trio walked deeper into the place, walking in between the large crowds of people in the shore. People were smiling and talking excitedly while paying them no mind. Marc walked in the middle of Layla and (Y/N) as they kept getting closer to the place they were looking for.

"Remember, your name is Rufino Estrada," Layla began, her eyes set on Marc.

Marc nodded slowly. "Right."

A little smile made its way into Layla's lips before she continued. "You and (Y/N) are playing like you're married."

(Y/N) groaned and rolled her eyes. "Well, that's just great."

"We just got back from our honeymoon in the Maldives," Marc added in casually, the smirk falling from his lips the moment (Y/N) turned her head to look at him strangely. "That's an interesting little detail to give to them."

"Yeah, let's add that we're getting a beagle for our house while you're at it, why don't you?" (Y/N) replied sarcastically while adjusting her loose jacket.

"That doesn't sound so bad," Marc grinned.

Layla rolled her eyes at their quarrel again. "Well, I'd tell them Marc worked at a gift shop, but they'd never believe me, would they?"

(Y/N) hummed in agreement and her gaze flickered from the grassy fields towards the front, spotting the entrance of Mogart's mansion from
her place. A line of men were guarding the entrance while others on the inside were riding their horses, lights dangling from the poles to illuminate the outdoors from the night. Two identical pyramid structures were on each side of the yard, lights shining from the inside.