Dating....that sounds weird

Start from the beginning

"We..um" I tried to explain but I wasn't able to make a complete sentence.

"We were celebrating April" Jack said.

"You know what ,all of you get washed up and come to my office" she said and rubbed her temples looking at the floor. "These children.." She mumbled and walked away avoiding the paints on the floor so she can not stain her perfectly polished red heels that went well with her wine palazzo trouser and white shirt with her brown her tied to a neat bun, truth to be told she does look confidential.

"Where did she come from?" Liam asked and the rest face palmed themselves.

****

"Seriously guys,you both got us to mop the mess,nothing better" Leo complained  as he mopped the paint off the floor.

"At least you are not scrubbing" Lily said as she scrubbed the paint and glared at the stubborn ones that failed to remove.

"I'm not even supposed to be here by this time,literally everyone in the school has left" Tina said loudly and her voice echoed.

"Instead of blaming Sylvia and Jack can you both be at least grateful that you don't have to do something worse than this" Lily said.

"Maybe the principal should have called you in so you can face her instead of Sylvia and Jack" Ace mumbled.

"Sorry" Tina and Leo chorused.

"We're almost done though" I said.

****
"Oh my God that was a long wash" Leo stretched as we all stepped out of the school premises.

"Truth to be told today wasn't so bad for a first day in April" Grace said

"Yeah,let's make a pact we'll never again prank each other" Leo said and everyone one stared at each other.

"Bye" we all said and went our separate ways leaving Leo behind.

"So is that a deal then" he shouted and everyone snickered.

"Hey darling" Jack called out I groaned and turned around.

"What?" I'm very tired.

"The date remember"

"Are you not exhausted?"

"I am,but I always keep a promise"

"Whose?"

"Ethan's"

*****

"I swear when I see Ethan tomorrow.." I said as I sat on the chair Jack pulled out for me. We were in a canteen now, it was packed with people who either came here for dates like me and Jack, argh I can't still believe we are dating, dating that sounds weird.

"Penny for your thoughts" He gave me his milkshake

"I'm afraid my thoughts are more expensive"I said  accepting it, considering I had just finished one, I'm a sucker for milkshakes , I will probably have to go on a diet soon.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Are you going to call your dad and tell him you're heading home late,he might be worried"

This was the first time he had mentioned my father, I narrowed my eyes, "why are you being responsible all of a sudden"

"I've always been responsible"

"Thanks for your concern but my dad has been out of town for the past three weeks"

He suddenly became worried "Your mom?"

"Passed away, geez didn't you know this?"

"No, I'm afraid I had no idea of this, I always imagined you had happy family,happy parents, you know since you were the only child"

I cleared my throat, why did he care right now "Mom passed away since I was four"

"I'm sorry"

"Forget it" I was already annoyed and shifted uncomfortable on my seat can he please change the topic.

"How long has your Dad always been leaving you like this?"

"Since I was ten, he's never around, I got used to it though, but enough with my childhood sob story what about yours?" I put the milkshake down, placed my elbow on the table and and rested my Chin on my fist, an habit of mine.

"Okay since we're bonding"

I raised up my brow in question

"Mom died when I was eight and a week later Dad got married to a woman called Nathaniel"

"That's sweet "

"Sweet?"

"Do you know how much I would have loved it if my Dad found someone to love?"

"You mean a replacement?"

"No not a replacement, no one can replace my mother, I mean someone to fill up that lonely heart of his,someone I can call mom"

"That's called a replacement Honey" he was annoyed

I blinked twice, did I mention I was a sucker for pet names too, ssshhh that's our little secret.

"What's your problem?"

"I don't know I probably don't like someone else replacing my mom"

"Twit, give her a chance"

"When you call me that I feel my heart is going to explode"  he placed his hand on his chest.

"Nice try, but I am smart enough to know when you  change a subject"

"You would be the cause of my death" he mumbled.

"I know"

"Can we please discuss this later?"

"Sure,but know this I would not forget"

"I know you won't"

I looked away at some other couples making out beside us, they looked older than we did probably in college, love I don't understand you.

"Want to give it a try?" Jack asked and I looked at him, he was also watching the couple.

"No way pervert"

He snickered and I playfully hit his shoulders, he grabbed my hand and turned serious.

"Sylvia"

He hardly calls me by my name

"If you ever feel lonely, you are always welcome to come over to my place, you know my sister would be glad to have you come over"

"Well that's reassuring" I smiled and he let go of my hand, I suddenly missed the warmth, Jack Brooke what are you doing to me.

He took my empty glass, wait when did I finish the milkshake.

"Want a refill?"

"Yes please" forget about the diet right now I'll work on it later.

"Want some French fries with that?"

"It's like you read my mind"

W/n: Hey lovelies, again sorry for the late update, school has resumed and I'm very very busy cause this is actually my final year,hurray me, I will try to update twice every weekend. So who is liking the connection between Sylvia and Jack.