S3 »Ruler of the Walls

Start from the beginning

The soldier narrows his eyes, contemplating before he lets out a small sigh and meets Erwin's eyes.

[...]: It seems there's no other choice...

[Erwin]: The body of our target is the largest we've seen. As such, it presents an easy target. Wall-mounted cannons should prove highly effective, but... If that's not enough to bring it down..-Erwin looks over at both Eren and (Y/N), as everyone's eyes had landed on them- The Scout Regiment will throw everything we have at it..

Everyone continued to stare at them, making the two feel a bit uncomfortable. Eren and (Y/n) glance at each other for a quick moment before the girl looks down at the floor. Eren purses his lips, remembering what happened with (Y/n) and Rod Reiss.

The Garrison Regiment were lined against the walls, cannons ready to open fire. The Titan was extremely close at this point while citizens had gathered around, hearing a soldier announce to them to answer their confusion. 

[Soldier]: As part of this drill, dummy Titans and cannons will be used! It'll be a large-scale exercise like nothing you've seen before! However, we ask you not to panic! Remain calm and follow our--

[??]: Ma'am...-An old man spoke up, looking at the female soldier- I gotta get my store ready for the day, so can't you let us go home?..

[Soldier]: Customers won't be coming today. Take the day off...

[??]: I don't think so, lady..

Eventually, this causes gossip to occur around everyone, still confused.

[??2]: What's with the drills when we're so far north?..-One says-

[??3]: The military outs the government, and now this?..

[??4]: What do you mean?..-A third person asks-

[??3]: I'm saying this is all just a demonstration of their power...-A citizen tells another- To prove that now the fake King is gone, they're the ones in control...

[...]: So, we're being dragged through this for no reason at all?..-Then another speaks out-

[...]: Yeah. At this rate, I think I prefer the fake King, even if he was incompetent...-One nods-

[...]: H-Hey! Look over there!...-One shrieks. causing everyone to look over and gasp-

There was a big puff of white smoke. As the citizens become even more confused, the Garrison soldier, who was actually a Garrison Captain, declares everyone to fire at the incoming Titan. The soldiers aim and fire, but it does barely and damage on the Titan besides making fairly medium-sized holes in it. The continued to fire at it while Eren, (Y/n), and the others watch on the walls. 

[Louis]: Well, how's that..?..-Louis mutters to Levi, as the soldiers continue firing and firing at the Titan-

[Erwin]: The ground cannons seem even less effective...

[Levi]: Of course they are. The wall cannons barely hit the nape, even with the better angle. What's the problem?..-

[Erwin]: It's a mishmash of soldiers... Cannons they scraped together... Superficial leadership. To top it off, this is a northern region. Unlike troops on the front lines, they have no battle experience. However, this is the best we're going to get, and that's a fact...

[Levi]: Yeah, that much is painfully obvious..-Levi says- Yet again, your strategy for the Scouts boils down to another gamble. Just like everything else you conjure up..

Then, the sound of Hanji's voice shouting was heard.

[Hanji]: Erwin! I bought the goodies!..-The group turns to Hanji as they see barrels and ropes by her- All the gunpowder, ropes, and netting I could find! We'll have to assemble it ourselves though..