Chapter 1: The Lonely End

Start from the beginning

But my tutor was always the toughest and meanest. Since the day that it was known that I couldn't use magic, she started to hit me if I got something wrong. 

Hated by family, been bullied every day, and without a person that could be called my friend, that was my life in lock down in that tiny mansion.

The years passed and when I finally attend the Balderik Academy, I thought that it was finally my chance to prove my worth to my father and brother. 

But things only got worse.

Every student saw me with contempt. No matter how hard I tried to make friends, nobody looked that enjoyed my company.

Some nobles only tried to bully me. I also tried to become closer with my brother,  even if he didn't bother, he limited himself to give only a light nod when we see each other. Like I was something worthless to him.

But, in contrast to the past, it was a big achievement.

For a moment, I hoped that I could be happy, make friends, bring honor to my family with marriage with some rich family. So I tried to woo some girls, but that didn't end well.

I was betrayed and hurt. From that moment I stopped believing in love.

So after five years of education, I bear the abuse from my classmates, specifically on in particular, a human being that I totally despised, the cold treatment of my brother, and I manage to graduate.

When I return to the dukedom, I got the intention to use all my skills for the benefit of the duchy, for my family. Even if it was a fact that my elder brother would become the next duke, I wanted to help him in every way possible.

That was the plan, but during my trip back was a big storm on the road. The carriage was passing a cliff when we were attacked by bandits. 

The driver run off. Leaving me alone with the ruffians. From what I speculated, their goal was to take me as a hostage and ask for money as a ransom. One of the bandits took me out of the carriage, and then I knew that they didn't plan to kidnap me.

“Who would think that we would get paid so much to get rid of this brat.” The bandit that took me out said with disdain. 

Then the man took me in my arms and push me toward the end of the cliff bridge. 

“Come on. Hurry up and get finish with this. I'm freezing out here.” Another bandit said.

I tried to break his grip, but the man was much stronger than me. He looked down at me with eyes full of arrogance.

“Come on boy, don't make my life harder, the little lady pay to get rid of you.”

It was now crystal clear. Someone wanted my life.

“Who paid you for doing this!?” I scream, “I don't know how much she paid you, but I can give you the double that you got if you let me go!”

I tried to negotiate with the bandits, to tried to save myself from the imminent death that was getting closer to me.

“I doubt that you can give us that sum. But considering you are going to die, I think I can be merciful enough and tell you the name of the person that wants your death. Maybe you can hunt her as a ghost.” The bandit laugh, exposing his bad breath and his smile that miss some tooth.

Then he got straight back at me, looking at my eyes and said. “Alisha Rinkseter.”

Then I understood. There were a lot of people that despise me. But that girl really hated me. 

I tried to escape his grid once more, but it was useless. Negotiate didn't work, they were way stronger than me. 

The next moment I was at the verge of the bridge. In a less that I second, I was push.

I fall.

During my fall, I recall some memories, that were mine, but not at the same time. I remembered my memories from my past life in a planet called Earth. I thought that maybe in that world I had happiness, but searching through those pictures on my brain, I remember that I was an orphan, and I died from illness, quite young might I said.

Then I thought. I was really going to die young again?

I must have been really curse.

The next thing that I felt was how my body fall under the river. Slowly my body got colder, and the breath was leaving me.

Somehow, I didn't fear death. Neither anger from been assassinated. Only frustration.

I worked so hard, I bared so many things. The abuse of my servants and classmates, the cold shoulder of my family, even if I always tried the best of me…

What did I ever do to deserve this?

The only wish I had was to be loved. Felt a warm hug, have happy memories.

Was…that much to ask?

From birth to death, the existence know as Andrew Silverheat remain alone.