Chapter Forty-Five - The Golden Egg's Secret

Start from the beginning

     "I'm in the bath." Potter tells me as I hear a small splash. He looks away from me while I take off my clothes and go in the bath. I bring the bubbles to me so that it covers my chest. My hair is up in a bun so it can't get wet.

     "I'm in." I tell him. He nods and faces me.

     "Have you opened the egg yet?" He asks me. I shake my head and he opens his egg. A shrill shriek is released from it and I quickly cover my ears and squeeze my eyes shut.

     "That's what's inside?! Bloody hell! Good thing I didn't open mine in the common room..." I shudder as I think of what would've happened if I did.

     "At least you didn't make the same mistake as me." He chuckles.

     "You should try putting it underwater and opening it." Potter and I both shriek as we turn to look at where the voice came from. Myrtle... 

     "Who are you?" I yell while pushing a bunch of bubbles over me.

     "L/n, meet Myrtle. Myrtle, this is Y/n L/n." Potter introduces us to each other.

     "Long time no see." Myrtle says to Potter.

     "I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of polyjuice potion. Not being a bad boy again are you, Harry?" Myrtle teases while floating around.

     "Polyjuice potion! Kicked the habit. Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" Potter asks, confused.

     "Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric."

     "Hmm, worth a shot." I shrug, taking the egg and going into the water. When I'm under the water I open the egg and I hear it start to sing. I narrow my eyebrows, trying to listen. And then it ends, making me go back up for air.

     "So, what did it say?" Potter asks me.

     "Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." I recit.

     "Myrtle, aren't there Merpeople in the lake?" Potter turns to her.

     "Ahhh, very good. Took Cedric ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone..." Myrtle giggles and Potter and I blush and cover ourselves with bubbles.

     Potter has dropped me off at the Slytherin dorms with me under his Invisibility Cloak. As I enter I bump into Draco.

     "Hey hey hey! Draco! My man! My guy, my dude, my bro! Nice seeing you here! Came to get a snack? Me too! Cool cool cool cool cool cool cool..."

     "Why. Are. You. Back. So. Late?" He hisses quietly.

     "As I said, to get a snack! Why are you up so late?"

     "To get a snack, only to find out from Pansy that you went out."

     "Cool cool cool... so I'm gonna head to bed now-"

     "No. You tell me what you were doing so late."

     "I was trying to figure out the second task..."

     "And who were you with? And why is your hair wet?"

     "I was with Potter..."

     "I'm sorry, speak up. I can't hear you."

     "I was with Potter, but it's not what you think."

     "Then what is it? And why is your hair wet? You still haven't answered that."