Chapter Twenty Two - Cursed Bludgers

Y/n's Pov

     This is so annoying. I got my wrist sprained during practice so now I can't play the game and Draco is taking my place. He can't even see the snitch, actually he can see it, but only when Potter sees it. The game is about to start and I'm standing at the entrance where Slytherin goes out in case Draco gets injured and they need my help.

     "What are you doing here?" Flint asks me.

     "In case Draco gets injured." I explain. He looks at me like I'm crazy.

     "You're injured."

     "It's only my wrist."

     "We don't need you to get any more injuries."

     "I'll be fine."

     "If you say so L/n." He turns and faces the team. Flint announces that I won't be playing because of my injury and that Draco would play for me. But if Draco did get injured, then I would go take his place.

     The game then begins. It was off to a good start...well as good as it can be. Gryffindor was in the lead, by a few points. My team was trying to gain as many points as possible, cheating along the way, which honestly angered me. Draco wasn't doing much, he was just following Potter around. Until something happened with the bludgers, the bludgers continued to attack Potter continuously and only Potter, even without a Beater hitting them. I know they are cursed because normal bludgers don't act like that. I scan the crowd to see if anyone could possibly be cursing him, but there was no one. I decide to forget the game and help him, even though I have a so-called hatred for him. I grab a broom and a bat and fly up to him right as a bludger was about to hit him. I smash it with my bat and it goes flying to the other side of the field, it hurts my wrist, kind of forgotten I sprained it.

     "What's this?! L/n suddenly appeared on the pitch! And she doesn't seem to be helping the Slytherin team, she's helping Harry!" Lee the commentator announces. I can hear mummer spreading throughout the crowd, but I don't really pay attention to them. I keep hitting the bludgers away as they keep coming back to Potter. Draco yells at me, asking what I was doing helping Potter.

     "Y/N! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"
     "HE'S GOING TO DIE IF I DON'T HELP HIM! THESE BLUDGERS ARE CURSED!! BLUDGERS DON'T JUST TARGET A PERSON AND KEEP HITTING JUST ONE TARGET YOU KNOW!!"

     After a while Potter finally got the Snitch and Gryffindor won. When we land Potter thanks me and then walks off with his team. Flint walks up to me once he lands.

     "What in Merlin's beard was that for?!" He shouts angirlily.

     "He was going to die, and if he died, the match would've been called off. I wanted to at least give you guys a chance to win without cheating," I explain to him. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to Madam Pomfrey. I think I've broken my wrist." As I was about to walk off Professor Lockhart stopped me.

     "Don't worry L/n! I can help you! I am a master at spells after all."
     "Um sure, but make it quick."

     "Brackium Emendo!" As he casts the spell, my arm goes limp.

     "Bloody hell, what in Merlin's beard did you do?!?!" I scream as I can't feel my arm. Potter and the rest come over to see what all the commotion is about. Draco keeps poking my arm as it flops.

     "Draco, stop." He doesn't stop. Hagrid comes over and asks what happened. Lockhart explains how he apparently 'healed' my arm.

     "At least you can't feel any more pain!"
     "I can't feel anything because you took all my bones away you daft dimbo!"

     Classes continued as normal, except that I was in a cast. It was getting pretty annoying, and Draco wouldn't stop asking if he could touch my floppy arm.

     "For the millionth time Draco, no, you can't touch my floppy arm." We are heading back to the dorms and Draco is bugging me about my arm.

Ray's Pov

     I'm heading to the dorms and in front of me are L/n and Malfoy. We walk down a hallway and see Mrs. Norris hanging from a lamp surrounded by a puddle of water. L/n stumbles back and crashes into me. Ron, Harry, Hermione, Emma, and Norman are already here reading the writing on the wall. Enemies of the Heir, beware.

     "'Enemies of the Heir, beware.' You'll be the next one's mudbloods." Malfoy spits as he reads the writing in blood.

     "What's going on?" Filch says, coming into the hall, and it all went south when he looked at the wall. "MRS. NORRIS, YOU, YOU KILLED MY CAT!" He exclaimed. L/n is standing next to me and she is looking at Filch like he is crazy. Dumbledore then comes into the hallway and sees us standing there and Mrs. Norris petrified. Dumbledore then attempts to calm Filch down by saying that Professor Sprout and Professor Snape might be able to find a cure for Mrs. Norris.

     After that whole fiasco we were dismissed and told to go to our dorms. When we arrive at our dorms Malfoy heads up to the boys dorm leaving L/n alone. I was about to go to the boys dorms before L/n stopped me.

     "Hey mud- muggle born, can I talk to you for a bit?" I look at her suspiciously.

     "Why?"

     "Just, hear me out. Alright?"

     "Fine, just this once." Since there isn't anyone else in the dorms at the moment we sit on the couches.

     "What is it?" I ask.

     "I know that you're struggling with potions..."

     "Was it really that obvious?"

     "You nearly blew up the dungeons last year, so yeah. It's kind of obvious."

     "And what about me failing?"

     "I've decided for the sake of the Slytherin house that I will be your tutor and help you with potions since that's the subject you struggle most with." She seemed to struggle at her saying that she'd be my tutor.

     "Wait what?"

     "You heard me muggle born." She's calling me muggle born instead of mudblood?

     "And why should I believe you?" I ask with caution.

     "Ugh, Snape showed me your report card and you're failing terribly! And I can not stand for a Slytherin to have that kind of grade, especially in potions!" He showed her my report??!

     "Maybe I am failing."

     "You think so???" I think about her proposal. If I need help I can just go to Norman, but he's in Ravenclaw so we might not get that much time together.

     "I accept your proposal."

     "Uh-wait, really? You're serious? I mean uh- wise choice. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get some sleep. These bones won't regenerate themselves...and I'd rather sleep through the effects of the medicine. Um, bye!" She rushes up to her door and slams the door behind her. I chuckle because it was cute the way she was so flustered about me accepting the proposal. My eyes widen at the thought. I shake my head to get the thoughts away because....

We're supposed to be enemies...right?

Chapter Twenty Two End