Chapter Two - The Sorting

"Ok students, wait here. Dumbledore wants to make an announcement before we start." An old looking man with the longest beard I've ever seen stands up and starts speaking.

     "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." The old man sits back down.

     "Alright students, when I call out your name I want you to step forward to the chair, sit on it and we'll place the hat on your head. Once it calls out what house you are in you shall head to that house table." While McGonagall starts calling out names I zone out and look at the ceiling. The ceiling is gorgeous, it looks like the night sky, I know it's just an illusion though. Why can't they hurry up and be done with all these other people and move onto more important people?

     I'm quickly snapped out of my little daze as a familiar name is called out.

     "Emma!" Huh, the antenna girl. This should be interesting, she'll probably be in Gryffindor. As Emma sits down the sorting hat barely touches her head before it yells out: "Gryffindor!" A smile graces her face and she skips to the table while they're clapping for her. She goes up and high-fives a stranger before sitting down.

     "Norman!" Next is the albino. When he walks to the chair I can see how anxious he is based on his body language. Once the hat is placed on his head it takes about ten seconds before the hat finally calls out "Ravenclaw!" The whole Ravenclaw table starts cheering and applauding him. When he sits down a guy with brown hair pats his back and says something to him, probably congratulating him.

     "Hermione Granger!" A girl with brown frizzy hair walks nervously to the chair and sits down, strange, I don't recognize her either, she must be a mudblood then.

     "Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" She hops off the seat and goes down to the table while people cheer for her. She ends up sitting next to Emma.

     "Draco Malfoy!" Draco leaves my side with a cocky smirk and sits down. The hat barely reaches his head before it calls out "SLYTHERIN!!" He stands up and heads over to the table as students cheer for him, he sits next to Crabbe with Goyle opposite him.

     "There hasn't been a witch in Slytherin that hasn't gone bad." I overhear the Weasley telling Potter and Ray. I zone out as Potter, Weasley, and Bones get called out to the hat. I couldn't care less about what house they are in.

     After what seems like ages my name is finally being called out.

     "Y/n L/n!" I walk up to the seat and sit down. Please be Slytherin, please be Slythrin, please be Slytherin. I start thinking, hoping that some way the hat would be able to hear my thoughts.

     "Hm...Slytherin? What an unusual request, well then...SLYTHERIN!" I hear loud cheering from the table as I let out a sigh of relief. I start heading over to the Slytherin table and sit next to Draco.

     "Good job on getting into the best house." He remarks while patting my back. I roll my eyes and smile at him.

     "Yeah thanks."

     "Now all that is left is Pansy, Blaise, some more nobodies and that black haired muggle, or mudblood, whatever he is."

      "Mhm, I'm gonna sleep while they do the others, wake me up when something exciting happens." I tell him as I rest my head on his shoulders. Closing my eyes, I wish to never wake up.