Why I'm Called the Gun Swap Goddess

Start from the beginning

"We surrender," Stein said as he threw his hands up in the air. He didn't care anymore about the fight. "Just tell us how you can play like that..."

Fae Sol seemed to accept their surrender and disengaged. She put a finger to her chin and tilted her head as if she were deep in thought.

"You thought I was a ranged player, right?" she asked.

"Of course we did! You want to catch us off guard with cheap tricks?" Castle fumed.

"Haha... cheap tricks? Do you want to fight me again?" she responded as she punched the air in front of her.

Castle had nothing to say to that. He prided himself on his gaming skill, and he'd lost this battle. In a battle, there was no such thing as "cheap tricks". There was only victory and defeat. Whatever method was used... as long as victory was the result, it didn't matter. He knew this better than most.

Castle clenched his fist as he stared at the ground.

"Well... that deception is definitely one reason," Fae Sol continued.

"... What else could there be?" Stein inquired.

"Hrm... Why did you choose the Battle Magus class?"

"Because it seemed like the class I'd enjoy the most."

"And you, Castle, why did you pick Fracasier?"

"Uh... I like tank classes, and this eventually evolves into them."

"Good. Now... Stein. What if there wasn't a class you enjoyed?"

"I wouldn't play."

"And if you were forced to play? What would you do?"

*Forced to play? Why?*

Though this seemed like an odd question, Stein still gave a response.

"I would hope to find an evolved class eventually that I enjoyed."

"Naturally. Now this is a question for both of you... If you never found a class you enjoyed and you didn't know what you wanted to play in the future... What would you do?"

Stein and Castle looked at each other. Neither could respond.

"Sounds complicated, but I'd figure something out."

Cargo Biscuit, who still didn't really understand what was happening, gave this response.

When she heard this, Fae Sol gave a slight smile.

"Yeah. Figure something out. Easy, right?"

These words dripped with sarcasm.

Asunder grimaced.

"Haha... I know it sounds like I'm joking, but that's something I'd do, too," she continued as she looked to the sky. "Why are we forced to play the classes we're given?"

"Hmph. There's no choice. That's just how the game works," Castle said. "There seems to be enough classes to choose from. Even in the beta there were lots, and there are probably a lot more later in the game. There's gotta be something for everyone."

"That might be true, but do we have to do what they tell us to? Why can't I have my own class?"

"... I don't get it. You're not a developer, right? So there's no way to make your own class."

"You're right." Fae Sol looked back to Castle with a piercing gaze. "In the traditional sense, I can't 'create' my own class. But with the tools I'm given, I can forge my own path. I don't have to travel a road that's already been built. Of course, forging a new path is much more difficult than walking on one that's already made... But isn't that a price to pay for such a freedom?