Crushing Covan's Auction (4)

When the audience heard this, there were murmurs of annoyance as well as chastising remarks.

"200 Copper for a potion. What an idiot!"

"Right? She's a typical one - doesn't know how to spend money. Where did she get that much in the first place?"

...

The auctioneer paused for a moment waiting for other bids, but none came.

"Sold to the anonymous Beyonder for 200 Copper!"

*>-200 Copper*

*>+1 Homeopathic Twine Remedy*

*>Fae Sol: After the auction, meet me at the entrance; I'll distribute the items there.*

*>Dolphin Killer: Haha. Thanks!*

And this was the plan they had formulated from the beginning. Once the organization leaders saw its potential, they salivated over the items they would steal from Shock Collar and the other organizations that had refused the alliance. And on top of that, none of their names would be known to the audience since only one person would have to do the bidding!

That's right, all of the hostility from the players, especially Shock Collar, after this auction would be focused on Fae Sol if she continued to outbid everyone on everything.

Obviously, Jisha knew this, but she couldn't care less.

Even on the off chance that she wasn't able to fend for herself, she still had Shahar's Nightwalker. If it came to hiding, Jisha was already a transcendental master.

The auction continued. The cart brought the fourth item onto the stage.

"This is the glorious shield brought to us by our World Resident Arvinter, a glorious citizen of Azhen Town! This is the Clayesque Frontplate; meticulously crafted at the behest of countless Clay Dolls, this is a reliable tool to reduce physical significantly below level 10! This bid starts at 120 Copper!"

"150 Copper!"

"170 Copper!"

"180 Copper!"

...

On top of the item being sold from a Town resident, it seemed far more useful than the last item, and the bids for the item immediately rose to rapid heights.

"250 Copper!"

"..."

At this bid, the hype died down a bit and no more bids were placed.

"250 Copper going once!"

"..."

No bids.

"250 Copper going twice!"

"..."

But just as the item was about to sell...

"350 Copper!"

... a familiar voice called out a slightly higher-than-normal bid. When the crowd heard this, they couldn't help but voice their frustrations.

Jisha looked over to the left side of the theater to pinpoint the source of the voice.

*Yep, as I expected...*

It was Covan's favorite player once again, Lujen.

*>Fae Sol: You guys are staying quiet now? Don't you remember the entire point of this alliance?*

*>Hutian Crest: That's right! It's all of us against Shock Collar now! 360! Put it up!*

*>Fae Sol: Yes, sir!*

"360 Copper!"

Jisha ecstatically put up the next bid that stirred the crowd.

"Another girl that is too wasteful with her money... What a shame."

"No, it's her again, right?"

"... Who *is* that?"

...

"360 Copper going once!" said the auctioneer.

But immediately after she said this, the familiar voice spoke up once again.

"365 Copper!"

*>Simulator Child: 370. I just checked with our group, and it looks like one of us really wants this. Sorry, Hutian.*

*>Hutian Crest: Whatever. We don't need that thing anyway.*

"370 Copper!" said Jisha, parroting Simulator Child's bid.

"... going once-"

"375 Copper!"

*>Simulator Child: ... 400.*

"400 Copper!"

When the audience heard this bid, nobody dared challenge it...

"... going once..."

"..."

"... going twice..."

"..."

"Sold to the anonymous Beyonder for 400 Copper!"

... and everyone snuck nervous glances in one man's direction, anticipating a reaction...

A fierce back and forth took place between a player whose name was hidden and Shock Collar's leader Lujen. And at this moment, if VR technology allowed it, a vein would have been seen bulging on his forehead.

*>Lujen: Who is this player?! Why is there no information about her!*

*>Axis Jack: No idea, sir. I've been trying to find information about her with the rest of the group, but there is nothing known.*

*>Lujen: Dammit, do your jobs properly! What do you think you're in here for...*

*>Axis Jack: ...*

Lujen slammed the armrest of his seat with fury as the fifth item was wheeled out on the cart. Fortunately, it wasn't something Shock Collar needed to bid on. Lujen lost himself in thought.

*Everything was going to plan. Who is this bugger that decided to show up now??*

As if on cue, his subordinate came back with a response.

*>Axis Jack: This is all the information we have about this player. Presumed to be a female avatar, she is the only player in the immediate area who has found a username and level concealment method at this stage of the game. There was supposedly one sighting of her roughly 30 minutes ago, but there is no evidence...*

*>Lujen: Are you kidding me? Nobody decided to record anything?*

This seemed unbelievable. In a crowded hamlet with over a hundred players, how was it so difficult to find footage of one who could hide their name?

*>Axis Jack: Apparently strange things happened with all attempts to record this player. Usually the footage was straight up deleted...*

Hearing this, Luden wanted to shoot his messenger, but this wasn't possible nor wise. The thing that infuriated him the most was the fact that he knew which player had taken the 1,800 Copper from the first two items! If it wasn't her, then how was it possible for her to have so much money?

And as if his frustration couldn't get any worse...

"... Sold to the anonymous Beyonder for 100 Copper!"

... amidst the hubbub and across the crowd, the anonymous player made eye contact with Luden and gave him a sweet smile.

A/N: Join my discord or check SH for more chapters. links in synopsis