Goodbye Uncle Mav (13)

I was walking in the complex to get to the dining hall for breakfast. I walked past Cyclones office and uncle Mav was having a heated discussion with the general. 
"Your relationship with the Bradshaw siblings is compromising you teaching this class." 

I stop dead in my tracks. I shuffle past the window and push myself against the wall.

"I don't think that is true." Mav defends himself.
"Well regardless of if you think it is true or not, we feel you are not doing a sufficient job teaching thanks to the issues with the Bradshaw siblings. So we feel it is in the best intrest of this mission and this country that you be terminated of your position here at Top Gun. Lt. Iceman is not around to protect you anymore Maverick, you have reached wits end here. Retire." 
"I'm not ready to retire." 
"And why not? You have no wife, no kids, no one to still have to support, you haven't been promoted in years so why not? What do you have to lose?" 

Cyclone was right, Mav doesn't have anyone to support, so why is he still here? There is more discussion in the office and when they finally reach the conclusion Maverick comes storming out, Cyclone follows behind him stopping in the door entry.
"Lt. Bradshaw something I can help you with?" he asks me.
"No sir." I stand up straight.
"Then go to breakfast." 
"Yes sir." I jog into the mess hall. 

Hey sorry it is so short, I have been sick, family stuff, school and work. The next one will be longer

Lots of love everyone! <3 :)