𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

Bakari
11 months later

I leaned against the brick wall outside waiting on my baby as she was getting off of work

We have wedding planning to get done today.

laia came out of the salon, smiling from ear to ear as we laid eyes on each other. "wassup gorgeous, you ready to go to this tasting?" I asked leaning up from the wall and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"yes, i am. you look handsome today." she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck and putting her head on my shoulder. "thank you." I replied.

I pulled away from her, standing back and taking in her beauty as the sun kissed her brown skin. "shit, we gone have some pretty ass babies." I spoke to myself but loud enough for her to hear.

" I spoke to myself but loud enough for her to hear

"sir..goodbye." laia playfully rolled her eyes and laughed.

"what's funny? I'm dead ass. you probably pregnant as we speak." I mumbled that last part.

"don't jinx me damnit. we need to plan our wedding before thinking about babies." she retorted. I opened the door for her and she got inside. I jogged around the other side and got in.

"put ya seatbelt on, miss lady." I told her.

She put her seatbelt on and I did the same backing out of the parking spot. I pulled onto the road and drove toward our destination to meet our wedding planner.

15 minutes later

We pulled up to our destination, i gave the keys to valet and took laia's hand in mine. we walked toward the double glass doors in front of the hotel.

"if it isn't the happy couple. it's nice to see you guys again." our wedding planner, Veyah smiled, greeting us with hugs.

"hello, it's nice seeing you again." Laia and I politely smiled.

Veyah took us into the hall where our ceremony would be held. "so this place runs about $30,000 for the total of an hour. The food and catering staff is included. What do you guys think?"